1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning law and order svu

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bmkra, Mar 13, 2007.

1. bmkra

bmkra Guest

I have tried using dvd shrink, clone dvd and anydvd and I keep on getting the same message: cyclic redundancy check What programs out there would be the best to fix these errors. Thanks,

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Hi bmkra,

Here is some usefull imformation about CRC errors

In simple terms, a CRC is bit of mathematics used to ensure that your data is OK when being transfered. It's a checking procedure that quickly identifies when data has been damaged. If you get this message, it means that the file being read by your PC or software is corrupted. However, it does not mean all the data is lost forever. When data is transfered, it is usually in small blocks and each block is given a CRC value. If something goes wrong with the data between the time it leaves the source and arrives at its destination, the CRC sent at the source will no longer match the one that is calculated when the data arrives - this is when the cyclic redundancy check error will appear.
    The most common times you will see the cyclic redundancy check error message is when trying to read data from a damaged CD or DVD. Just before it appears, your CD/DVD drive will probably grind and whirl away - your PC may also become a little slugglish.

Less frequent causes are the result of system crashes, and buggy software (hello Microsoft), incomplete downloads (often identified by the misleading message 'This is not a valid Windows file', 'This is not a valid win32 application' or 'Corrupt Zip file'). If this problem happens frequently with downloads, try using a download manager like GetRight. For CDs and DVDs, the problem is a little different. Normally, when CD/DVD drives get a CRC message from a disc, they try to read the disc again - hence the grinding sound. After several failed attempts, they give up and display the redundancy check error. The problem can be hardware (loose cables, failing drive), software or damaged media. In most cases checking and cleaning the disc is the easiest way to overcome the problem. If different clean discs produce the same error, it is likely to be a hardware issue (check the discs in another drive). Another common cause of these errors is poorly burnt CDs and DVDs - especially those that had numerous or severe buffer underuns. USB burners suffer from this problem when the burn speed is too high.

If the discs are damaged, you'll probably need a recovery tool to get back your data. CDCheck 3 will work for CDs and DVDs. First it will check the media, and then you have the option to recover the files. It's free for personal use and has saved many people heartache when it comes to recovering lost digital images and videos from damaged CDs

More than likely it is the disc that is the problem here try another disc and see if you are still having the same issues?

Cheers

Last edited: Mar 14, 2007
  3. bmkra

bmkra Guest

I am thinking it is something in the disc (sony copyrights?) I ahve tried to burn several law and order dvds and it will let me burn side a but when I try to burn side b it pops up cyclic redundancy check each time.

Thanks,

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

If you are 100% sure that the disc you are reading from is clean and in good working order then I would suggest you try ripping with another program like DVDFab Decrypter or RipIt4Me If you still have problems after trying either one of those then your discs may just be bad. The sony protection on those discs has been broke so your theory is off a little. Your problems sound more like a dirty or scratched disc than any copy protection being the issue here.

5. bmkra

bmkra Guest

thanks, when I went I got back I rented out two more discs and they both worked.

6. tsquare43

tsquare43 Regular member

Not trying to butt into your business, but talking about copying rented films is a no-no here at AD. Just a word to the wise.

7. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

bmkra,

tsquare43's right. We don't want or need to know where your discs came from.