1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning lots of clips....takes too long. Help?

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by donpisto, Jul 17, 2007.

1. donpisto

donpisto Member

I have several home video clips on my camcorder which I user NeroVision to capture from my camcorder. They get saved as mpeg files and I have enough for several DVD discs. When using Nero to burn these videos it encodes them and can take about an hour and a half to burn due to the encoding.

What I would like to do is find out if there is a way to convert these files and use Nero or any other program so that I can insert these video clips and just burn, and not have to worry about encoding. I have ImTOO MPEG Encoder, so I can convert to various file formats. I've tried doing AVI and VOB, but Nero still goes through the process of encoding them.

Basically, I would like to know what programs to use, what to do so that I can take video clips and just burn immediately. If encoding to a specific format first, what would that be? I also like creating a disc menu, so I would like a different program (if Nero wont work to do this) to be capable of that function. I greatly appreciate any help.

2. onya

onya Guest

Sounds like you have got what you need without getting the speed. Other than checking your DMA settings, be content with the current speeds your burning at. You state that you are currently converting formats successfully, so if I'm missing a step, let me know.

3. donpisto

donpisto Member

What I'm trying to figure out is, is there a certain format I can convert to so that I can insert those files and burn immediately and not have to worry about encoding anything (encoding would be done in a batch while I'm at work).

My idea is this: I have 9 video files (not actual amount that I have). For a good quality DVD I can only have 3 video files per DVD. If I were to use Nero to add these video files and let it encode and then burn, it would take 1 hour 30 mins per DVD. I would have to do that 3 times. What I want to do is convert to a certain format, whatever it is, all 9 videos while i'm at work. When I get home, all I have to do is take 3 of the converted/encoded/whatever i have to do video files and burn them with whatever program it is i need, thus taking only about 10-15 mins. And I would do that for a total of 3 times. Instead of having to wait on the computer the first way for 4 and a half hours, I would only have to wait about 30 mins to an hour the second way. Make sense?

4. donpisto

donpisto Member

What I'm trying to figure out is, is there a certain format I can convert to so that I can insert those files and burn immediately and not have to worry about encoding anything (encoding would be done in a batch while I'm at work).

My idea is this: I have 9 video files (not actual amount that I have). For a good quality DVD I can only have 3 video files per DVD. If I were to use Nero to add these video files and let it encode and then burn, it would take 1 hour 30 mins per DVD. I would have to do that 3 times. What I want to do is convert to a certain format, whatever it is, all 9 videos while i'm at work. When I get home, all I have to do is take 3 of the converted/encoded/whatever i have to do video files and burn them with whatever program it is i need, thus taking only about 10-15 mins. And I would do that for a total of 3 times. Instead of having to wait on the computer the first way for 4 and a half hours, I would only have to wait about 30 mins to an hour the second way. Make sense?