1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning MDS turns out black and white

Discussion in 'PS2' started by BRs, Sep 4, 2004.

1. BRs

BRs Member

HI. i got 2 files from my friend and they were in mds and mdf format i burn the mds on a cd with alcohol 120% on the slowest speed and when its done i turn the ps2 on and insert the disc that i burned and it turns out to be black and white then i try it later on and its in colour i dont know whats wronge is it because i burn it wronge or is it my ps2. and yes i have a mod chip its magic 5. ps2 version 10 or 9 was it

2. scarface.

scarface. Member

it's your t.v mate, when i used to have the swap magic & flip top i had tony hawk 4 backup and the original is pal but for some reason when it is backed up it is 60hz ntsc game.

all you need to do is play it through a [bold]ps2 rgb lead.[/bold]

rgb lead sorted the colour issues on my telly which was nearly 15 years old.

3. BRs

BRs Member

ok thanks i tho i burned it wronge

4. scarface.

scarface. Member

if you use dvddecrypter you can't really burn it wrong as you just rip the game in iso read mode to the hard drive, then burn it with dvddecrypter in iso write mode by chosing mds file, then just click to burn.

it's the easiest method i can think of and best of all dvddecrypter is free.

also let me know if the rgb lead worked.