1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning movies from hard drive.

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by cutiejr, Feb 11, 2004.

1. cutiejr

cutiejr Guest

I only have cd-rw, but I would like to burn movies to disk from my hard drive. Please help my hard drive is running out of space.

2. Applecorp

Applecorp Member

Try Nero, it has a utility to burn movies to vcd or svcd.

3. cutiejr

cutiejr Guest

with nero are you able to play movies on a regular dvd player after you burn them. also thank you for answering me. hope to here from you soon

4. Applecorp

Applecorp Member

You can play movies burned with Nero on a regular DVD player but it cannot be guaranteed they will work, it all depends on how you burned the CD and what DVD player you are using. (ie some DVD players do not support VCD/SVCD)

5. cutiejr

cutiejr Guest

thanx for the help, but i have another question. what is a vcd and svcd. a type of disk i assume. where do you get them and what name brand is best. help with as many details as possible please. i greatly appreciate it. thanx.

6. Applecorp

Applecorp Member

VCD and SVCD are not types of discs, they are a format in which files are written (m-peg 1). Click on the names and they will explain.

7. cutiejr

cutiejr Guest

thanx for your help again. would you mind please telling me how to use and get vcd. i don't mean to be a bother but i'm very new to this. thanx again.

8. Applecorp

Applecorp Member

As I said you need to download Nero, once you have installed Nero run the program choose the Photo and Video option, then choose Make Super Video CD.

All you really have to do is locate the movie file you want to burn by clicking the 'Add' button, Nero will then analyze the file then you are ready to burn.

9. cutiejr

cutiejr Guest

thanx for your help. the problem i was having was because i didn't have the right codec. can you play these movies on regular dvd players or in a playstation two?

10. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I'm quite positive PS2 games (original) are in dvd format, so if you were to backup PS2 game or a dvd, you would have to go "dvd+r" route= dvd burner. If your home dvd player supports SVCD format and you wish to backup dvd's, then I personally recommend DVD2SVCD using either Cinema Craft Encoder or Canopus ProCoder 1.5.
    You can also convert AVI (DivX) to SVCD using DVD2SVCD as well. VCD is literally out of date, and I personally wouldn't bother going that route. You can purchase a Lite ON LDW-411S (4x\dual) for less than 100 buckaroos.

Shoey :)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Afterdawn forum rules
    http://www.afterdawn.com/general/legal.cfm
    Please see our guides before posting
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2004