1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning movies saved on hard drive to DVD

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Paesano, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Paesano

Paesano Member

I know this has probably been asked 1000 times but im a newbie and im also 14 years old and i need help. I have an LG super multi DVD burner, it came with NERO StartSmart, and Nero Express. I have many movies saved on my hard drive taht ive downloaded from bit torrent clients and i want to bur them to DVD. When i select the movie to burn in NERO Express it says Not Compatible.... The file has to be bup, vob, or ifo. Now I have no idea other then i have to convert the file some how. Can someone please help me!!!

2. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

i' am having the same problem with nero so I wont be able to help you there but i can tell you what i do. if you use the make video cd function from nero it will recognise the disc and copy your files so that they will read in your dvd player. it would help if you mention what files they are saved in like vts,avi and so on. hope this hopes temporarily and we can try to figure out what to do.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2005
  3. MsLoveLee

MsLoveLee Member

I went thru this myself and Im at the last step and Im now stuck...but from my understanding you must take your dl file and convert with an MPEG converter like MainConcept. Then after converting to an MPEG file you then have to author it with this TMPGEnc Authoring program. This is where Im stuck at cuz mine will keep giving me a script writing error and I cant get thru not one movei even if it is good viewing on my puter....good luck I hope this help a little.