1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning movies using dvd decrypter & dvd shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by tiny26, Feb 19, 2007.

1. tiny26

tiny26 Member

I have received a lot of advice on how to use all of these other programs to burn movies, but I would rather just stick with what I have been use to in the past. I am trying to use DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink to burn my movies. The programs work fine until the time comes for me to burn the movie with dvd decrypter. It keeps telling me that the disc that I am using is not empty. Can anyone explain to me what I have to do to get my program to work like it use to? Also should I delete any other burn programs that I have installed on my computer? Would they interfere with DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink? Should there be anything extra that needs to be installed when I am using decrypter and shrink? I greatly appreciate if anyone can help me. Thank You

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Interference would depend on what the other burner software is and also if you have other programs left on.

You need to add RipIt4Me with Decrypter and Shrink to handle the newer copy protections. http://www.ripit4me.org/guide.html
    Earlier than 2004 and there's not much to worry about. Newer releases with Arccoss will cause problems for the obsolete decryption software. Get ImgBurn for burning, it has speed control. Set it before using. Then download this update and install in Shrink. Instructions are included.
    http://www.digital-digest.com/software/download.php?sid=423&ssid=0&did=7
    Then select Create ISO and burn with Imageburn as the Target selection in the Shrink Backup window. (Remember the ImgBurn speed setting before using.) In case you're unaware, ImgBurn is the updataed burning software from Decrypter, written by the same authour, LUK.

3. tiny26

tiny26 Member

Hi Pacman777

I have read all of the information that you have given me and I have also read the guides, but to be honest alot of this seems to be complicated, there's too much work involved with trying to burn the movies. With DVD Decypter and Shrink, I was able to just put my movie in the computer and press a button and the rest was history. Now with all these other programs I have to do way too much and I don't know if I am missing a step or what along the way. I would like to just use DVD Decrypter and Shrink. You said that I should also be using RipIt4Me along with decrypter and shrink though. I also have other burn and decrypt software on my computer, should I remove those and then try to use Decrypter, Shrink, and RipIt4Me? I am not too familiar with ISO and all those other terms. Please explain it so that I can understand and get this right, so that I can burn movies again. I have been at this since last night and it is becoming a nuisance now. Please help. Thanke
    Tiny26

4. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

If you looked closely at RipIt4Me, it uses DVD Decrypter and FixVTS to process the DVDs. It has a 1-Click mode. So if you can read simple instructions, like have DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter installed before installing Ripit4Me using the installer, then you're okay. Ripit4me is as easy or easier than using DVD Decrypter by itself. Just use the Ripit4Me with default settings in the one-click mode. Use either movie only or full DVD, don't worry about the ISO output from RipIt4Me. As for ISO, there's no need for you to worry about it. You can read in the glossary and around the forums on what it is. It's nothing more than a packaging format for burning. Open a video ISO and you'll find the same Video_TS folder seen in File mode. Some burning software burns both file and ISO formats, and some, such as DVD Decrypter and IMgburn only burn ISO. RipIt4Me opens the files in DVD Shrink for you when it does the complianced test with the quick analysis. If Shrink completes a quick analysis, you have a safe bet you have good files. With the updated Shrink I provided the download for, you have ImgBurn supported as the burner. With the Create ISO and burn With IMgBurn selection you need know nothing about ImgBurn or ISO files. All you need to know how to do is put a DVD in the Burner. Of course you need to open ImgBurn before use the first time and set speed and if you have more than one burner set the one to be used. Otherwise put discs in each drive and see which burns. LOL If you can install software, you can use these programs. Once installed there's 2 clicks involved in the 1-Click mode with RipIt4Me, then it's Shrink as usual, only the files are already opened for you, and auto burn with ImgBurn. That's as simple as recording with Decrypter and Shrink, it just sounds more difficult due to the installation instructions being added. The second time it's used is as easy as can be. Other than that, buy DVDFab PLatinum from DVDIdle. It's a good one-click program that does it all and all you do is install the one program.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Don't delete your other software, you never know when you'll need it. Do as Pacman says and use ripit4me. Decrypter and shrink alone cannot handle the encryption of the newer discs. And after you learn ripit, learn to use DVDFab Decrypter also. The more tools, the better the chance of success.

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Good point.