1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning movies

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by blktrail, Oct 13, 2004.

1. blktrail

blktrail Guest

2. blktrail

blktrail Guest

is their any other program i can use that works just like NVE

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

blktrail,

Listen dude, changing programs and going from one program to the next is not going to help. yes, there are other apps, but none are as easy as NVE (or as cheap) to operate.

DVDLab costs 99.00 and there is TMPGEnc DVD Author costs 70.00+, do you really want to go there?

With nero at 59.00, plus you get all those other programs, it's definitely the best deal going. Not to mention you can use it for free as long as you want for free til you decide to buy. The down side is you must reload and install it every 30 days.

Did you load and install ALL the update packs but InCD?

Your system presents somewhat of a problem. Not much RAM and your processor is is very ill equiped to handle DVD video work(a lot of people are using P4's and at least 2.0 GHz) IOW, your system is gonna be SLOW man :>(

You don't have any other software that might conflict with nero, do ya? Like Roxio? or did you recently add any software or do anything, I mean anything at all, differently on your PC?

Usually when some program is working fine and then all of a sudden just stops something has been done to the PC, ie: settings changed, software added, software removed, updates, etc.

You may have to do a complete uninstall/reinstall. If it was working and now it's not, that's what I'd recommend. :>)

4. blktrail

blktrail Guest

Listen i did the whole uninstall and re-install i even did a system restore point and it still doesn't work the nero will start up but when i go to nve it so the box that tells u what u would get if u buy it then when i hit ok it doesn't do anything after that. when i go back to nve it says its running but i don't see anything om my screen. i don't believe i'm doing anything different from the first time

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

hmmmm.....Did you load and install ALL the update packs but InCD from the nero homepage after re-installing Ultra 6?

NVE won't work properly without it.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][bold]GO VOLS![/bold].Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,1024MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2004
  6. blktrail

blktrail Guest

i did all of that and yet it still will not work right

7. Shaddy

Shaddy Member

Hey BigOrange, I hope you're in here somewhere. I think that it was you who'd suggested reinstalling Shrink and Decrypter, so I did and bingo! The entire process takes about an hour but I think that's great time.

Thanks for the encouragement, Pete. I like your suggestion about using Sony discs because my writer is Sony and I like to keep the brands together where possible and practical.

I do, however, receive a couple of error messages in the process which thankfully (and strangely) does not affect the process which I'd like to share with you guys.

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

shaddy, did you get my PM? You might want to uninstall/reinstall nero too.

9. bigorange

bigorange Active member

blktrail,

NVE keeps a log, you might want to post it, be sure you erase all personal info before posting. You can also send it to nero for them to look at in support and they will get back to ya also.. Since I'm not there I can't really tell what you're doing without more info.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][bold]GO VOLS![/bold].Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,1024MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2004
  10. stevie123

stevie123 Member

Hi,there,
    Hope you all can be of assistance.I have been copying disks using nero for some time now without any problems.Out of the blue my last few attempts to copy have been very very slow,or crashed totally.I get to about 70/80 per cent ok,then i slow down to a crawl.I have tried re-installing nero but this hasnt solved this issue.Thank you in advance for any suggestions you may have

11. blktrail

blktrail Guest

see thats the problem nve will not show at all so i can't place any log or do anything

12. bigorange

bigorange Active member

blktrail, without more info, I don't know what to tell you, it's times like these when i wish i could sit down at someone's PC.

Wasn't it working at one point in time? Have you tried using nero recode just to back up a movie? At least that will let me know if it's the software or your PC.

If none of nero's programs are working, it has to be the software. Is this a paid version or a trial. When you uninstalled and reinstalled, did you use nero's tool for completely uninstalling all remanants?

13. bigorange

bigorange Active member

stevie, so it still works, but just at a slow pace? Check to see your DMA settings didn't revert to PIO.

Also, Did you add or delete anything on your computer?

Install any new software?

Are you using a trial or paid version?

Have you tried another DVD app like shrink to see if that does the same thing?

14. blktrail

blktrail Guest

i belivie it is my computer i brought it back to the place i got it from and they are going to have it check and fix any problems with it. i will u let u guys know when i get it back. thanks again

15. blktrail

blktrail Guest

hey guys i had my computer rebooted and everything and i reinstalled nero and all the updates and it still doesn't work i think its the software can u help me here