1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning MP3 CD with subfolders from ID3 Tag

Discussion in 'Audio' started by jc2, Aug 19, 2004.

1. jc2

jc2 Member

All I want to do is burn an MP3 CD of a playlist I created in Winamp (based on ratings I've assigned the tracks) and have it automatically burn a separate folder for each artist.

You see, I've got 2,000 MP3s organized into artist subfolders. Trying to manually copy the selected tracks and putting them in a separate 'burn' folder with all their subfolders is ridiculous.

I used to use a program called Media Jukebox which when you burned an MP3 CD had the option of creating subfolders based on the ID3 tag. (I uninstalled it to simplify the number of pieces of software on my computer.)

I got really excited when the new Winamp came out, maybe at last one good solution for all my audio needs! NOT. Can't even burn MP3 CDs in Winamp, how ridiculous, like it is some obscure function that no one there days would use anyway right? Who ever heard of MP3s?

So then I bought Nero since it can burn an MP3 CD based on an M3U playlist (which Winamp can at least create that.) But Nero, supposedly the best burning program to man, doesn't not have an option to creade the subfolder based on ID3 tags when it burns the disk. It just dumps all the tracks into the root folder on the CD. Pathetic.

So I guess I'll have to go re-install Media Jukebox. Gee, I need 3, count em, 3 programs to burn a freakin MP3 CD with subfolders. Hilarious - well, I'm not really laughing.

2. randyk04

randyk04 Member

I feel your pain. I too have downloaded numerous programs to help me create organized mp3 discs. However, I cannot make Media Jukebox do what you say you can make it do--automatically make a separate folder for either the artist or the album. How can you do this?