1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning mp3 onto DVD

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by lmttoddy, Apr 6, 2005.

1. lmttoddy

lmttoddy Guest

Im trying to make a music DVD of mp3`s that will play on my DVD player.

I dont get the option in nero to make music dvds so tried data DVD but my player wont read the disc.

Can anyone help me make a music DVD simple instructions please as im new to this .

Thank you lmttoddy

2. BigPantz

BigPantz Regular member

I use Nero & ive made a few mp3 DVD's before with the mp3 player disc option and the data disc one. they have always worked on mine and the kids' dvd players. from what ive found out on this wonderful site it may just be an issue of the media your using to burn onto. have you tried burning a DVD movie onto the same brand of blank disc and playing that? are you sure your DVD player can read mp3 files? i know most can, but i have a friend who payed £160 for an LG player 18months ago & all it would play original DVDs, nothing else.

3. andmerr

andmerr Guest

its very possible but your dvd player has to be able to read mp3 and convert them to audio.Some dvd players have the ability to play nearly everything while others can only play dvds.
    You will need to verify whether or not your dvd player has that capabitity

Oh what version of nero are you running as i just recently upgraded to 6.6.0.3 and it has an option to create an mp3 dvd

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2005
  4. lmttoddy

lmttoddy Guest

Thanks for the replys .

Yes the player plays mp3s and the DVD media works ok with movies.

Ive only got version 5 nero so i`ll try upgrading as mine hasnt got an mp3 option only music , data and video ,with the music option blanked out .
    Ive tried the data option for making mp3 dvd which didnt work.

Once again Thanks

5. andmerr

andmerr Guest

cool .

6. beese13

beese13 Member

I've got the same problem using Nero 6.6 I have a DVD player in my car that plays mp3 cd-r's. I have gotten it to play a certain amount of the files on a dvd-r, but not all of the files will appear on the screen. In the book for the unit, it says something about a maximum of 100 folders and 8 directories, but I have had it recognizing far more than that at once. If anyone have tried to do this and has succeeded or anyone that has any ideas, please let me know. I am going on a road trip soon and it would be great to have my entire music library on a dvd-r DL!

7. BigPantz

BigPantz Regular member

your entire best music collection on one disc for the ultimate road trip. let me know how you get on with that beese13, i am very interested... i feel a weeks' holiday coming on..