1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BURNING MPEGS TO A DVD...PLEASE HELP!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by emone4o, Oct 2, 2004.

1. emone4o

emone4o Member

I've been downloading music videos in mpeg format and I want to burn them to a DVD that I can watch in my DVD player. I'm pretty familiar with DVD burning and some of the software but I can't seem to figure this one out. I've tried to convert them to differnt formats and then author the DVD...I've tried to join them all together and then attempt to author...and a bunch of other things. I have CCE 2.66, Ifoedit, nero 6.3.0.3...and a bunch of others. Is there any easy way to do what I'm trying to do? Thanks!!!

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Howdy there emone4o, welcome to aD,

Try using TMPGEnc to render your files from AVI to DVD compliant DVD MPEG then use TMPGEnc DVD Author to get to your VOB files then burn to disc.

Cheers,

Pete

3. emone4o

emone4o Member

Hmmm....they are already in mpeg format, not avi format. I guess I was hoping that there was some easy to use software program that was designed for this purpose. Since most digital cameras/camcorders record in mpeg format, how would you go about taking those video files and burning them to a DVD that you can watch in the DVD player?

4. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

TMPGEnc has a new simpler version out now called TMPGEnc xpress. Its not freeware but they give you a 14 day trial period. I used it to convert and combine some vcd's. It works well but takes a long time to analyze and encode. You will also need IsoBuster and some authoring software.

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

I just used DVDSanta to do a SVCD to DVD and it worked fine - be prepared to spend a few hours BUT no re-authoring was needed -

Cheers,

Pete