1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning multiple AVIs to DVD

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by TimeKilla, Jan 21, 2012.

1. TimeKilla

TimeKilla Member

Hi am having problems burning multiple small AVI files say around five of them all around 1 hour and 40 minutes long but only 350mb to a DVD disk that will be played in a standard DVD player.

At the moment am using ConvertXtoDVD 4 when i burn the files it ask's me if i want to use DVD DL disks as the run time is over five hours, I don't have any DL disks so i click continue anyway it converts and burns fine but when i put the disk in a DVD player is jumps and is basically unwatchable.

I was thinking that the run time would not affect the project as the five files only take up around two gigabyte am i missing something here is the run time being over five hours really affecting my project is there anyway i can get around this any other programs i can use to accomplish my goal here?

2. attar

attar Senior member

It's the total running time that counts.
    Five hours on a standard blank (nominally two hours)is too much.
    If you must, save the output (without burning) and use DVD Shrink to to get it down to fit.
    Burn using ImgBurn.