1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning multiple dvd's to one blank

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by fishbulb, Nov 21, 2004.

1. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

can i do this w/ dvd shrink and dvd decrypter? or do i need some other software? or can this even be done?
    i have 3 dvd's that total less than 3 hrs all together and would like to put them on one and save myself a couple of discs.

2. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

anyone?
    bueller? bueller?
    frye? frye?

3. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

pretty please? doesn't someone know about this?
    can i burn 3 dvd's(about 3hrs total) onto one dvd-r?
    please help.
    thanx

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi there fishbulb,

Mind if I answer ?

Here's an Advance DVD Shrink Guide for doing 2 DVD's with an older Shrink -

http://www.dvdshrink.info/re-author-v3beta5-advanced.php

A program that I like, DVD2One,

For 2 Discs on 1 use DVD2One in the "Join" mode.
    The join mode is a very powerful new feature of DVD2one. It can be used for many things:
    Joining a movie that has been spread over 2 sides of a disk (aka "flipper") or even over 3 disks.
    Joining of different episodes of a (TV) series on 1 disk.
    Adding a music video, documentary or Featurette after the main movie.
    Adding an intro (for instance THX or Dolby) before the main movie.
    Or any combination of the above possibilities !
    The join mode is not limited to only 2 titles, but it can join any number of titles on 1 disk. Of course the total size of the titles you want to join has its limits. DVD2one has built-in warning messages to let you know when you go to far.
    The join mode has 2 different modes:
    Seamless. The separate titles are joined in 1 titleset, and will play continuously without interruption.
    Non-seamless. Each title is put in its own titleset, and there will be a small delay when the player goes from one to the other title.
    The seamless mode is the perfect mode for joining a movie that has been spread over different sides or disks. DVD2one will examine automatically whether the different titles can be seamless joined together. For this the video, audio and subtitles need to be the same.

The non-seamless mode will work with any title, and can be used in all other cases. DVD2one provides convenient ways to skip through the different title sets.

How to use
    The join mode is very simple to use, since it works like a repeated movie-only mode. After selecting the first title you come to a summary screen. Here you can select another title you like to add to the list, or start processing. If you select to join another title, you will advance through the selection screens again. The only difference is when using seamless mode, you do not have to select audio, subtitle and angle. The selection for these items is taken from the title to which the new title is seamlessly joined.
    Advanced Navigation Mode
    This new feature is experimental and may not work correctly with specific DVD players, or may have some unwanted side effects. It is recommended to try it first with a re-writable disk. It adds the following ways to navigate between the different title sets:
    · Right menu button for next titleset.
    · Left menu button for previous titleset.
    · Next chapter at the last chapter of a title
    goes to the next titleset.
    · Previous chapter at the first chapter of a
    title goes to the previous titleset.
    The menu button system may interfere with subtitles. Also if a titleset does not have subtitles, a dummy subtitle is added to make this feature to work.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd-r_tools/dvd2one.cfm

About $35.00 (USD) But well worth the $$ - I've never regretted my purchase of it. The Demo only does 30 minutes of movies.

Here's what ScubaPete does -

Putting multiplies on a single DVD is a snap.
    As always, create a folder for all the episodes OR movies you'll be working with 3 folders for each movie. Next, assemble all the DVD's or episodes you have, run them through DVD Shrink. Let DVD Shrink rip them. When that's finished, run them through re-Author. Trim off all the Audio you don't require then the extras and trailers. If the project is episodel or several movies, you may wish to also remove the ending credits also. That means starting your movie with the first shot of the movie and ending it at the last shot. All of this you can do using the "Start" / "Stop" feature in DVD Shrink re-Author.

Now, using custom compression, compress them to the max, run them X2, then to a file on your HD. On each pass, use all of your quality controls set to "Maximum sharpness".

When finished open DVD2One (a truly super "proggy"). DVD2One should be set to "Join" then select the "non-Seamless" "Mode", that will give you a second or two between each movie. If it's a "flipper" DVD then use the "seamless" setting.

DVD2One will give you a Warning when you attempt to put too much on it. :)

Soooo,
    DVD Shrink to edit and to compress. Compress it twice using maximum compression. DVD2One to join and then to your favorite engine to burn.

What you can expect:

The most you can hope for is 3 DVD-9 movies on a single disc (most Disney DVD’s are DVD-9’s) - if you decide to do it to smaller DVD’s you can get 4 DVD-5’s on a single disc before your quality goes downhill. Expect commercial VHS Video quality. You will be amazed at the quality you get all things considered, them that’s tried rave -

I have assembled 5 DVD-5 movie OR 4 DVD-9 movies on a single DVD. On this "Puppy" don't even think of using anything other that TY's top grade OR Verbatim "DataLife" PLUS. Use your, "I bought this crappy stuff." at your own risk BUT don't ask for help if you do use it.
    The quality ? On a par with a TV show copied on VHS tape done at SP speed at best OR LP speed at the worst. (For those of who forgot, SP is the best possible speed for a VHS.)

Seem too good to be true ? A lot of others have thought so too until they actually tried it. They are now believers. :)

Enjoy,

Pete

If you're missing DVD Shrink, here you go:
    http://www.dvdshrink.org/

5. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

thanx SP! u were there for me again! couple more questions... so i CAN do MORE than 2 titles onto one dvd-r? such as three separate 40 min dvd's, using dvd shrink?
    thanx

Last edited: Nov 25, 2004
  6. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Re-read my post - you can do 3X more -

Enjoy,

"P"

7. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

sorry pete but i'm still not quite sure about using shrink for this. the link u gave using an older dvd shrink, can i use that guide for the newest version of shrink along w/ dvd decrypter?

8. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

I'm not sure I understand -

You have the guide, right ?

At which point are you stuck ?

9. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

i tried to use the instructions for the link u gave using dvd shrink and dvd decrypter. couldn't do it. i have the latest version of shrink. the instructions use the beta version i think. i couldn't figure out how to do it w/ the new version. i'll probably go over it again when i have more time (and patience.) i may just end up buying dvd20ne. but then again i'll probably rarely want to do this. maybe just this one time w/ these 3 short movies. so i wouldn't actually be saving anything if i bought it.

10. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Maybe when I have some extra time I may write a guide for it BUT as you were smart enough to get DVD2One start using it. It's a super encoder, fast as anything and excellent for backing up normal DVD's. Read the guide, you'won't be sorry you bought it -

Pete

Last edited: Nov 28, 2004
  11. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

thanx pete. i'm looking forward to you (maybe) posting a guide for this(possibly) ;~). seeing as i haven't bought dvd2one just yet.

12. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Don't hold your breath - It'll take a whils - typing isn't my strong suit -

13. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

could've fooled me! ;) but seriously, i would be hard pressed to find someone on this board, or any other board like this w/ your wealth of knowlege on this subject who is willing to take as much time as u do helping everyone.

14. truthful

truthful Guest

I use dvd decripter load it into HD and use nero ultra 6 to extract. thier is a section that helps you to copy up to 3 movies on to one disc. you can also put them into Hi-Def or digital. Hope this helps. Dis is da truth!

15. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

thanx truthful. i didn't know nero could do that. can u do it w/ the demo version? i don't want to bother w/ the download if i can't.

16. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

I think you'd do better for 3 movies to use DVD2One but you'll really have to closly crop the movies to do that. 3 might be a little hard to do with Nero.

BTW, When you download Nero for a trial, you can get the full program, everything !

Pretty kweel, huh ?

17. fishbulb

fishbulb Regular member

yeah, pretty cool. i downloaded it before but only used it once. except for erasing a couple of dvdrw's. the movies i'm wanting to do are really short so i think either way will be fine. rudolph, frosty, and santa claus is coming to town. HO HO HO!
    but as always a guide would be most helpful to this greenhorn to be on the safe side.;)

18. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

For 2 Discs on 1 use DVD2One in the "Join" mode.
    The join mode is a very powerful new feature of DVD2one. It can be used for many things:
    Joining a movie that has been spread over 2 sides of a disk (aka "flipper") or even over 3 disks.
    Joining of different episodes of a (TV) series on 1 disk.
    Adding a music video, documentary or Featurette after the main movie.
    Adding an intro (for instance THX or Dolby) before the main movie.
    Or any combination of the above possibilities !
    The join mode is not limited to only 2 titles, but it can join any number of titles on 1 disk. Of course the total size of the titles you want to join has its limits. DVD2one has built-in warning messages to let you know when you go to far.
    The join mode has 2 different modes:
    Seamless. The separate titles are joined in 1 titleset, and will play continuously without interruption.
    Non-seamless. Each title is put in its own titleset, and there will be a small delay when the player goes from one to the other title.
    The seamless mode is the perfect mode for joining a movie that has been spread over different sides or disks. DVD2one will examine automatically whether the different titles can be seamless joined together. For this the video, audio and subtitles need to be the same.
    The non-seamless mode will work with any title, and can be used in all other cases. DVD2one provides convenient ways to skip through the different title sets.
    How to use
    The join mode is very simple to use, since it works like a repeated movie-only mode. After selecting the first title you come to a summary screen. Here you can select another title you like to add to the list, or start processing. If you select to join another title, you will advance through the selection screens again. The only difference is when using seamless mode, you do not have to select audio, subtitle and angle. The selection for these items is taken from the title to which the new title is seamlessly joined.
    Advanced Navigation Mode
    This new feature is experimental and may not work correctly with specific DVD players, or may have some unwanted side effects. It is recommended to try it first with a re-writable disk. It adds the following ways to navigate between the different title sets:
    · Right menu button for next titleset.
    · Left menu button for previous titleset.
    · Next chapter at the last chapter of a title
    goes to the next titleset.
    · Previous chapter at the first chapter of a
    title goes to the previous titleset.
    The menu button system may interfere with subtitles. Also if a titleset does not have subtitles, a dummy subtitle is added to make this feature to work.
    http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd-r_tools/dvd2one.cfm
    About $35.00 (USD) But well worth the $$ - I've never regretted my purchase of it. The Demo only does 30 minutes of movies.
    FYI, Using this proggy, I have put 4 trimmed DVD-9 movies on a single disc and 5, DVD-5's on a single with the quality of a commerical VHS tape. 5 Ghours of movies is a snap.

Cheers,

Pete

19. Ray_D_O

Ray_D_O Member

Scuba - I tried your guide and it works but my result isn't great. When playing back the newly burned DVD-R with the two titlsets joined as one (with dvd2one) the standalone player "wigs out" at the point where the merge took place.. it gets jumpy and locks up a little. It only happens at the point where the second titleset starts to play. I've tried it on a couple different movies with same results! Any ideas?

20. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Set it up as join in the non-seamless mode -

Pete