1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning multiple Image Files on single DVD for Booting?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by knowhate, Jan 6, 2008.

1. knowhate

knowhate Member

I would like know if this is possible - because I have 4 Image Files that need to be mounted onto DVD for the certain program to read them.

Usually how it is done is, each program is mounted & burned on an individual DVD to be inserted & played, though I would like, for convenience, to burn all images onto one DVD so my computer & the program sees three "mounted disks".

Is this possible - especially on the mac, because I am on the mac platform. Thank you.

cheers

2. salinger

salinger Regular member

This is completely impossible due to the fact that the four executable scripts from the 4 images are going to conflict, and therefor the operating system wont react. In simple terms; dont do it, it wont work.
    But since afterdawn is a cummunity to assist people i believe there is this a solution. . This link will lead you to the website that permits you to download MAgicDISC. MagicDisc works like any other disc drive, except for it doesn't require hardware. All you have to do is mount the image files. You can have up to 5 seperate virtual drives at you disposal´, which i believe is more than you need. Please dont hesitate to ask further questions is needed, or simply comment on the success of the method.

3. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Daemon Tools is another free Virtual Drive Emulator. It supports up to 4 drives I believe. It is one of the best at emulating protected CDs. Just make sure you don't install the Adware(is optional, just un-check it)

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Daemon_Tools.htm