1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning music from dvd +Rw

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Nrth16, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Nrth16

Nrth16 Regular member

I have a DVD+R that I got from a fellow at work with a ton of music on it and I copied the folders to my external hard drive because there is 4.8 gb of music on the dvd

but when I tried to copy them onto a dvd-R they wouldnt copy! do i need to copy them do a dvd+R? or doesnt -+ matter???

2. chubbyInc

chubbyInc Regular member

it doesn't matter which for DVD+R or -R, but your co-worker must have compressed it somehow cuz DVDs can only hold 4.7GB

3. Nrth16

Nrth16 Regular member

on the dvd that he gave me to copy its says 4.8bb dvd+R?

I have dvd-R that say 4.7.

What i dont understand is that i dragged all of the music folders into a folder that I created on my external hardrive and then took his disk out and put a blank one in and tried to copy the folder to burn onto that disk and it wouldnt work.

How would I go about copying the files from his dvd to my dvd. use shrink or nero or something like that. I have never done this before I always burn to a cdr!

4. Nrth16

Nrth16 Regular member

I just tried using shrink and that doesnt work either. it says:
    dvd shrink encountered and err and connot continue.
    Invalid dvd navigation structure.

I hit open disk and that popped up. I just want to burn the dvd disk of music to a empty dvd???

5. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

have you opened the folders to make sure that you have music files in there? also dvd shrink won't help, it looks for vob files, not music files, also what format is the music in? also what program are you using to burn your music to disk? just try copying half of the files and see if that works, something might be corupt with the files

6. Nrth16

Nrth16 Regular member

I tried to copy the files and then drag the files to an empty dvd but that didnt work

7. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

can you play the music? can you open the folders? as i asked before what program are you using to burn to disk?

8. Nrth16

Nrth16 Regular member

if i double click the icon it opens in media player but if i right click then i can open the folders.

I can use nero I normally used itunes but this is a dvd that all this music is on

9. m4nv33r

m4nv33r Member

Use Nero, choose DVD and Data

that should work

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

This isn't exactly the audio forum, but I'll throw in a bit of info for you anyway. On a PC those 4.7 discs only hold 4.377GB. That means if you use Nero Express to burn your MP3 DVD you will get about 4483MB. Don't try to add more than the disc will hold if the source you have has a bit more content. Edit out a song or whatever you need to do.

The image below shows the options in Nero Express. The first window shows your options the second window is where you add the files for your compilation. The Add button opens a browser window to locate the files you want to add. The program is pretty straight forward and shouldn't pose any problems.

[​IMG]

11. Nrth16

Nrth16 Regular member

Thanks I got it to finally work with nero! thanks for the help

12. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You're welcome. Glad to see you got it done.