1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning not Working in Apex Player......HELP!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by XianXi, Nov 9, 2004.

1. XianXi

XianXi Member

well my dvd burner didnt burn the disc right cause i couldnt play them in my apex which plays -Rs. i thought it was my burner so i tried a different burner and the same thing happens the burnt disc says "no disc" when i put it in my apex so this leads me to believe its the software.

right now im using dvd shrink 3.2 and dvd decrypter and tried both nero and roxio to burn them. the dvds play on my ps2 and my pc but not my apex. the dvds my friend bunrt for me worked on my apex and everything with no problems. 1st burner used was an I/O magic and second is a lite-on.

1st i use dvd decrypter then i open the files using shrink and compress the files. then i use either nero or roxio and get the same results.

what could the problem be?
    both drives were new, both programs are the newest version, tried using both memorex dvd-r and sony dvd-r.

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

This is my first posting but I have an apex dvd player and also a sony dvd player and a cyberhome dvd player/recorder on my tv. My sony dvp-ns325 will play anything, especially +rw,s. My apex has a lot of trouble playing dvd+r,s and will absolutely not play +rw's. The cyberhome has some trouble with with +rs and gives me a "no disc light".I learned 6 months ago the difference between a $30.00 dvd player "apex" and a $90.00 player "sony". I can only record in + format on both burners so i am not sure about the - formats playing on my players. You also might want to burn at a slower speed and use a good media. I have no trouble burning at 4x and use verbatim datalife discs, both 4x and 8x. My burner on my computer is a cheap hypermedia kdvrw8x that came with my new tower,but it does a fine job and i am happy with it. Also, will your burner on the computer play ok after burning.

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I forgot to add, do you have microsoft sp2 or sp1 because many people having problems with sp2. Also i read in former forums that roxio and nero do not operate well with each other. I did have a few coasters with the sony + r media. With just dvd shrink and nero i get perfect backup copies. cheap media = many coasters. later

4. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

I think your problem is the apex dvd player. My friend had one of those and it wouldnt even play some original dvd's let alone a backup. It all comes down to You get what you pay for.

5. thorfin

thorfin Guest

I have an Apex DVD player. It plays DVDs I burned on my Toshiba DVD drive only sometimes. I often have to open/close the draw and recycle the power several times to get the disc to be recognised. It just sits there saying "LOADING".
    I find the more I play a disc the harder it is for the Apex DDVD player to read it.
    Another odd thing is that it just will not let me get beyond the opening credits of "Babe". I've tried three of four copies, including 2 from Blockbuster and 1 from the public library. Same failure at the same place on all discs.

6. newtodvd2

newtodvd2 Guest

Just to add to the APEX problems my Apex plays original
    dvds fine It will play all the +RW Verbatim discs I make on a Magnavox MDV650R home recorder. It will also play all +R Verbatim discs I make and finalize in the Magnavox,but if I take the RW disc I made in the Magnavox and try to copy it on the PC using a Pacific Digital +/-R/RW burner using Record It Now or Roxio Disc Copier or Roxio Disc Builder or Roxio Drag To Disc or Decrypter in the ISO read mode to the Hard drive and then ISO write mode NONE of the discs I make on the pc will play in the Apex either gives me NO DISC or LOADING so now I see it is not just me with this Apex problem. I also have a cyperhome player that will play the discs I make on the PC I would like to know if the discs I am making on the PC are being made correctly or is it just the Apex player ?

7. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

Its just the Apex player. I have seen these sold for $29 brand new, You get what you pay for. In my opinion you have to pay around $90 to $100 for a decent DVD player that should give you no problems. Try going for a Name brand that is common, like sony, samsung, panasonic, etc. all have DVD players under $100