1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning numerous TV episodes to one DVD?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by The_Jerk, Nov 6, 2004.

1. The_Jerk

The_Jerk Member

Now I'm pretty new to this stuff so take it easy on me.

The situation I'm in at the moment is I've got DivX episodes of a certain TV show and I'd like to put them all(or as many as possible) onto a DVD disk so I can watch them on my TV as they are pretty high quality rips of the show.

How would I go about putting multiple video files on a dvd disk to play on my standalone DVD Player.

Maybe I'm blind but I didn't find it when I searched.

2. The_Jerk

The_Jerk Member

Anyone?

3. ppiper

ppiper Member

encode with TMPGEnc to mpeg2(dvd) then use dvd author (made from tmpgenc) to build the mpeg2 files to dvd format(ifo vob etc) give it a try might be kinda confusing at first but ull get the hang of it

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

The_Jerk,

You can use NVE (NeroVisionExpress) to convert the files, add the files to one disc, set chapters, and create a menu for your DVD with which to navigate to each episode. You can then burn in NVE also, making it necessary to use only one app for the entire process.

It comes with the nero Ultra 6 suite and ultra 6 can be loaded each and every month for free til you decide to buy(which I highly recommend). It is good for the entire moth and then must be reloaded again for the next month :>)

5. The_Jerk

The_Jerk Member

Thanks bigorange, ill try it out and see how I go, funny thing is I already have Nero 6 Ultra edition and I don't have Nero Vision Express. Ill get my hands on a copy though.

Thanks for the help, ppiper too.

6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Have you downloaded the update packs? You must do this before NVE will be there. Go to the nero homepage and load and install all the packs except pack #3,InCD. It's a packet writing software and has been known to cause conflict with other DVD software :>)

7. The_Jerk

The_Jerk Member

Yer, I've gotten hold of it and it's a very nice peice of software.

Thanks for all your help, working nicely.

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Good deal, Lucille! If you have any problems let me know, I have used this app quite extensively

The import feature for custom menus is a nice touch. Use the edit menu feature. I go to movie or TV sites and browse getting posters, pictures, clips, etc. and use them in my menus for backgrounds, buttons, etc. It makes for a pretty nice menu and a simple way to do it :>)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2004
  9. amarsana

amarsana Member

okay what kind of files can be converted to DVD???
    by using NeroVisionExpress?

10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

What kind do you wish to convert? It does quite a few, too many to list. You can go to the Nero homepage and read about NVE, it is very versatile.