1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning on the Fly

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sjg1999xp, Oct 1, 2004.

1. sjg1999xp

sjg1999xp Guest

Is there anyway that I can burn on the fly but keep my roxio on my computer. I am able to burn my disks fine using dvd shrink and I know I can use decrypter doing the read then right from my hard drive after dvd is already compressed. It would be so much easier if I can burn on the fly, even if there is a porgram out there that I can buy. I also have nero installed on my PC which I don't use, it came with my liteon burner. I know I will not be able to use Nero until my roxio is uninstalled and sweeped of fmy pc. I like using roxio for my music cd's because I have many stored already on my hard drive so when I make a copy for someone it is there and fast. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Steve G.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

1. i have nero and roxio on my computer and both work great.
    2. copying dvds on the fly is a bad idea since there is soooo much data, errors most likely will occur.

3. sjg1999xp

sjg1999xp Guest

Even if it is already compressed and at a low speed?

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Ok, say you do it at 1x. it will take about 60 minutes and still could have errors. if you rip to the hd first (about 15 minutes), then burn at 4x (another 15 minutes), it would take 30 minutes and would definatly have no errors. If you still want to do it, you must have your dvd burner and dvd reader on different ide cables.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

V9 PS2, flip top, SMD, DVDLoader
    Pioneer 107, ritek g04
    DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero[/small]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2004
  5. sjg1999xp

sjg1999xp Guest

Thanks and last question, how could I using dvd shrink burn the original to my hard drive and then just go to the write ISO using DVD decrypter instead of going from shrink to compressed dvd then from the disk to decrypter(hard drive) then to another blank dvd?

6. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

when shrink asks for a blank dvd, just cancel. Then open dvd decrypter and goto the spot you saved the image to.

7. lawndog

lawndog Regular member

thta exactly what I do. I shrink it, close shrink, then open up decypter, go to mode "write" find where I put the movie I shrank then copy

8. sjg1999xp

sjg1999xp Guest

Yes but when I go to that volder, there is audio and video and when I go into video and vts and IFO files, which ones do I pick? Thanks

9. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi sjg1999xp,

I read that post 4 times and don't know what you mean.

Use DVD Shrink to rip your DVD to the HD and burn an ISO image. When it goes to the HD it's ready by default to burn. If you've set DVD Shrink correctly to work with DVD Decrypter it will burn to disc "automatically" right after it's burn to your HD with nothing for you to do.

If you want to leave the DVD on your HD for some time then burn it later with something like Nero OR CopyToDVD then you would choose the VIDEO_TS folder and leave the Audio folder be. As DVD decrypter can't burn VOB files you'll not be able to use that.

Reading this now for the 6th time I convinced you haven't followed any guide at all and need to set DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink up with the proper settings.

Print this guide out and follow it step by step until you have a burner DVD at the end -

You should be good then :)

Find the guide about the middle of the page –

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/74599

Cheers,

Pete

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent IV CPU 2.84GHz, 1024MB RAM, 520GB HD.
    Pioneer 107, 8X R/W , Nec R/W ND-1300A, JLMS DVD ROM.
    128MB GeForce4 TI 4200, O/S XP[/small]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2004