1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning onto dvd after modifying the ripped dvd (IFO'S)

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by meJOWY, May 27, 2003.

1. meJOWY

meJOWY Member

i dun care if i'm asking an answered question, i've looked everywhere and i'm about to spaz out! here's wat i wanna do.... dvd pro's help meh plz

we all know how to rip a dvd or wateva, when you do this it gives you a buncha ifo's and crap basically buncha tracks to a designated folder rite?

ok, afta applying the modifications and fixes, i wanna use instant copy compress it up and fit it all on a nice compact 4.7g. but there's the problem, icopy is very fussy when it comes to copying images, so i'm trying to get my tracks into a format that can but copied onto that damn dvdr 4.7.

in general i'm trying to copy standard 9g's onto a compact 4.7 wifout los of quality. just to makes things a little more complex added fixes like bus and protection region before finally copying it onto disc =)

cheers

2. MikeBUK

MikeBUK Guest

If you use DVDShrink instead you will have no problems. It will automatically rip and re-encode the files at the same time to make sure it fits onto one disc. Also there is an option to let you choose which region code you want. You will however not be able to get 9Gb of video onto one 4.7Gb disc no matter what you try, atleast not without loosing quality, so you will need to take something out. DVDShrink will tell you the size of the disc to be copied and then you choose what you want to do.

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Normally you'd take MOVIE-ONLY whilst ripping if the DVD starts off at 7Gb+
    Hence ending up with something like 4or5 .VOB files and the main movie .IFO so ending up with 5.5Gb or so.
    Then run them files through DVD2One,DVD Shrink or the likes to slightly compress down to 4.36Gb (.BUP file(s) are added in re-encoding/compression so as burning software recognizes everything ready for burn)
    DONE