1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning option does not start

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by wshellow, Mar 11, 2007.

1. wshellow

wshellow Member

After DVD Shrink encodes my DVD, it always would ask me to burn the copy. Now it just encodes and says I can burn using appropriate software. What happened? There isn't an option in DVD Shrink to burn what has been encoded.

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like you have Nero or Decrypter installed that does the burning for Shrink.
    Check your backup target in Shrink - looks like it was changed to hard disc folder.
    When you click backup pick you burner under 'select backup target' if you have Nero or 'iso and burn w/ decrypter' if you use decrypter to burn.

If you have Nero you can burn the files already on your hard drive w/ the dvd-video option in Burning Rom or Express.

3. wshellow

wshellow Member

Thanks very much! That was the problem with a simple solution that has been driving me crazy. Glad you monitor the forum so closely.
    Is there a way to tell DVD Shrink not to include previews of other movies?

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

You're welcome wshellow

To not include the previews just using Shrink you could make them a still img. But if they're in the beginning all you would see is the still pic for a few minutes instead. So not a good idea.

AnyDVD is a program that you can run in the background w/ Shrink. AnyDVD can handle the latest copy protection whereas Shrink can't.
    AnyDVD has a setting that you can set to jump to the title menu.
    Not free but has a 21 free trial.

A free way would be to use RipIt4Me - uses Shrink, Decrypter and FixVTS.
    You can set the option to jump to main menu with that too.

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

You can also use the reauthor feature. This will do just the movie, no menus. You'll be able to skip ahead from chapter to chapter tho. Good option for keeping compression to a minimum.