1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning original Xbox games to play on 360 problem

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by olsensftw, May 20, 2009.

1. olsensftw

olsensftw Member

I am having some trouble burning original Xbox games to play on my 360. I have the .iso and i got the .lyt file from http://layouts.xbox-scene.com/ . I then ran it through mulleter, and burned it with imgburn. My 360 is flashed using 360 firmware toolbox v3.0. However when i put the burn into the drive, it tells me it is an Xbox game disc, please insert it into an Xbox. Does anyone have any advise that could help make this work?
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. Eisherz

Eisherz Regular member

You do have a harddrive and you do have the needed update (from live or www.xbox.com)?
  4. olsensftw

olsensftw Member

affermative, 120 hd, and I have created and ran the cd for the update.
    Last edited: May 20, 2009
  5. Eisherz

Eisherz Regular member

Better do the update via Live, tried to do it by cd too, never worked. It said the update was successful but still no results (with an original disk btw). Worked after I downloaded the update from Live.
    Try to get an original to check if the update worked.
    Also do you have an original Microsoft HDD or a Hong Kong or homemade version? Older Hong Kong versions don't have the emulator at all.
    Normally this shouldn't be an issue as the Xbox 360 already boots the games up, but what disks have you burned them to? It also would be interesting to know what firmware is on your drive.
    Last question: (I assume you did this but I thought better to ask): Did you check that the game was on the compatibility list on www.xbox.com?
  6. olsensftw

olsensftw Member

My HDD is Microsoft. I have burned the game in question (my first attmept at this) to both a verbatim dvd-r and a memorex dvd-r. Being a original xbox game, I figured it would fit, and when flashing the drive it said it had single layer support, didn't have the desire to pick up double layer discs untill I was sure I was able to play a back up in the first place.

If I am not mistaken, the firmware I flashed to the drive is Iextreme 1.51. It was done using a program called 360fwtb. The game (Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2) is on the compatablity list. I am going to make another attempt with a different game (Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Island Thunder). If I still have problems, I am going to try reflashing the drive.

However, I do have a few questions. Do I need to install a new dashboard on it? And if I am still having issues and am already going to reflash (hitachi 0078) what program would you advise for it?

Thanks guys, and I know it is a hassle trying to help someone out, and even more so when they don't fully understand what they are doing.
  7. Eisherz

Eisherz Regular member

That's your main problem, iXtreme doesn't boot up single layer disks. If you don't care about going online with the console I'd assume you flash it with an older Xtreme firmware, they boot up almost everything but these are unstealth.
    Also, do original xbox 1 games work?
  8. wabashman

wabashman Active member

correction, i think the only xtreme FW that would boot single layer discs was the 5.3, and it was only for samsung drives. could be wrong here as its been a looooooooooooooong time since i cared about xtreme FW but im pretty positive it was 5.3 on a sammy.
  9. olsensftw

olsensftw Member

Update

I have already flashed my drive (hitachi 0078) with ixtreme 1.51

The flash was good, I have played multiple back ups that are 360 original. However I have only tried to burn one original xbox game (Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2) which is backwards compatable. I have gotten the update off off xbox.com and burned it to disc, ran it in the system and it says it worked, in addition, I have the capablity to hook it to live and have updated it there.

My problem is this. The .iso i have is 2.7Gb. The one time I tried to burn it, I used Verbatim dvd+R DL (singapore) discs. Img burn told me that typically it would place half the data on each layer, but would advise me to put it all on the first since it would fit. I clicked yes and ran the program. once the burn was done, the 360 only said "Open Tray" no dirty disc error, no reading it as a dvd movie, it just acted as if i didn't put anything in there in the first place.

Do I need to run the .iso threw mulleter? is there a program that i can check the iso with like abgx? should i have told Imgburn to burn it equally on both layers rather then all on one? Do i need to use a layer break? Sorry for the hassle guys. I just am totally new to trying to back up original xbox games for playing on the 360. Did my best to troll the other threads, and didn't really find any definitive answers.

After having researched quite a bit, I believe the problem is my lack of stealth files for this. Do original xbox games have stealth files, and how would one go about getting them if he no longer has access to his original disc?
  10. dejjen

dejjen Member

I'm having the same issue. I have a Benq flashed with iextreme 1.5 using jungle flasher. I've had no issues with playing backup 360 games whatsoever. I can even play original XBOX games just fine as long as I'm using the original disc. I haven't been able to burn a backup yet though. I have the .iso, but I don't know what to do from there. I tried burning to DVD-R, but the 360 couldn't even recognize the disc. I then tried to burn to a DL, but ImgBurn told me that since it would all fit on one layer, the layer break wasn't necessary, and that since "L0 < L1" it wouldn't even allow me to force it onto two layers. It burned onto one layer just fine, and the title showed up on the 360 Dashboard. I clicked on play and the XBOX logo appeared, but I got a X:5014.0 B:1884.0 error message. Any clues as to what I'm doing wrong?
  11. chris4160

chris4160 Guest

Is it really worth going to all that trouble (and buying verbartims) when you can get most original xbox games for under $10 (under $5 on ebay).
  12. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

even at $5.00 each from ebay is alot more than the $1.20 i pay for a verbatim disk.
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  13. deluxe247

deluxe247 Regular member

Does anybody know how to do this as I have a similar question.
  14. uturn68

uturn68 Regular member

obviously not, thats why theyre asking these questions
  15. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Regular member

Not all xbox 1 games will work on a 360 including originals,you'll need to find the list of compatible games, to get you started these 3 work
    halo 1,2,3

these won't
    farcry & farcry evo
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  16. dejjen

dejjen Member

Yes, I know all about the compatibility list. I even said that the original XBOX 1 games that I am trying to back up DO play on my 360, but I can't get the backups to work.
  17. Eisherz

Eisherz Regular member

3 isn't an Xbox1 game.
    Before I would get through all this trouble I would get me a cheap old xbox 1, would softmod it and play old xbox 1 games on that.
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  18. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Regular member