1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning original xbox games xbox 360 style...

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Vitriolic, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Vitriolic

Vitriolic Member

If you make a backup of a original xbox game you own and you burn it to a dvd r dl, can you play them in an xbox 1 with the samsung 605b flashed with the appropriate firmware.

2. theridges

theridges Guest

3. Vitriolic

Vitriolic Member

Thanks for the post, Is that tutorial on how to burn xbox games to run on a modded xbox? Because Im looking on how to burn games to run on an unmodded xbox so I can play live with backups on the Xbox 1.

4. theridges

theridges Guest

running games on an unmodded xbox is not going to happen sorry....

5. Vitriolic

Vitriolic Member

Yes you are right under most circumstances however it is possible if you have certain dvd drives like the Samsung 605b, there is a firmware that will allow you to play xbox 1 backups without a modchip just like on the 360.

6. Viper3

Viper3 Regular member

updating firmware is called "modding"

7. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Ehhhh... depends on who you talk to. Some will agree and others will only consider a console modded if it's running third party bios. I'd consider it modded.

Vitriolic, have you tried getting on Live with the drive flashed? I know that isn't what you're asking, but I'm curious.

8. Vitriolic

Vitriolic Member

Yes I have gotten online with it flashed but using original games, I have yet to use a backup because I am unsure of the process. My Halo 2 is really jacked up so I can't play it anymore. Hopefully someone know's how.

9. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

I'd say rip the original with Xbox Backup Creator. It'll include all the security info in the iso. Then burn. There's no reason the Xbox shouldn't play it.

10. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

I'd say rip the original with Xbox Backup Creator. It'll include all the security info in the iso. Then burn. There's no reason the Xbox shouldn't play it. I'd suggest also booktyping it as a rom.