1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning pc game from original disk to cdr,HELP! c&c:red alert 2

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by wicked_13, Mar 30, 2007.

1. wicked_13

wicked_13 Member

im trying to burn command and conquer: red alert 2 from the original disk(pc cd-rom) to a cd-r disk. its a safedisk 2/3 protected disk. i have Alcohol 120%,clonecd,clonedvd,nero ect.. i been trying to use alcohol to burn it. i made an mds file of it,and burnt it a few times with alcohol to cd-r . but when i put disk in and the game screen puts up,i hit install(for the game) and error message puts up saying cant find set.up file. any suggestions? i been getting tired of working on this for DAYS! going crazy here. p.s how come it takes so damn long to use image wizard on alcohol to copy pc game? takes HOURS. if any1 can help, id appreciate it.

2. onya

onya Guest

What media brand are you using? What speed did you burn at? Being as it takes soooo long to burn, have you checked your DMA settings in "device manager" ? (this is seperate from burning speed)

3. wicked_13

wicked_13 Member

im useing memorex cd-r, and wriing at 12x since its the slowest my burner will burn at. i been trying to us cloneCD also but after it burns and i click on install from the main game menu it says "set.exe has caused a problem and will have to close". now im trying alcohol 120% again to try it. and what do i need to check in my DMA for exactly?

4. onya

onya Guest

To check if your DMA is ON, right click on the "My computer" icon, select Properties. Click the Hardware tab and select Device manager. Double click on IDE ADA/ATAPI controllers.

From here, double click Primary IDE channel, and select Advanced settings. In both "Transfer mode" windows, change to DMA if available.

Do the same to the Secondary IDE channel.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2007
  5. wicked_13

wicked_13 Member

kool,thanx alot man.