1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning picture files to dvd or cd

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by wjs1012, Jan 28, 2007.

1. wjs1012

wjs1012 Guest

Hi. I am having trouble copying my picture files to either a cd or dvd. It copies on my computer but when I put it in a cd/dvd player it says either "no disk" or "unsupported format". Any suggestions? Thanks, Bill

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Are the pictures in the correct format?

Not all DVD players will play images. If they do then most play Jpeg images. So find out what type of images your DVD player is compatible with and make sure the pictures are saved in that format.

Then burn them to CD or DVD disc as a data disc or create a photo slide show.

3. seadale

seadale Regular member

4. wjs1012

wjs1012 Guest

ok, here's the deal. I have tried everything. The pictures are jpeg and I have burned them to a disk in the past but it was so long ago I have forgotten what I did. My hard drive is low on space so I have to get rid of them to a disk. I have tried cd and dvd disks - Sony, memorex, etc. and I know they are good - and when I put them in a stand alone cd/dvd player - two different one's - I get the message "bad disk" or "unsupported format". But I can play the burned disk on the computer. I am soooooo frustrated!! I know there is a way and we will find it. Thanks

5. wjs1012

wjs1012 Guest

btw, I tried Picassa and it is great program but it doesn't help.

6. hayden58

hayden58 Regular member

sounds like your dvd player isn't able to play images (pictures) plain and simple.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2007
  7. xsenergy

xsenergy Member

I had the same problem you were having.

Here is what I did.

I went and downloaded this program.

http://www.download.com/Burn4Free-CD-and-DVD/3000-2646_4-10613747.html?tag=pdp_prod

I opened the program, then I clicked on

File - Open

Then, I added my collection of pictures I wanted to burn to my DVD-R Disc. Then I clicked "Burn Data" Wich is right under the middle of the white text box titled "Volume Name" Good luck!

I think its highly unlikely you can burn cd's, but not be able to burn images onto a data disc. Regardless, you said you did it before.