1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning problem after backing up a dvd!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by MIKEY_MEM, Sep 6, 2004.

1. MIKEY_MEM

MIKEY_MEM Member

what is a good program to backup a dvd disc. i'm trying to rip the first disc of season 1 of smallville. it has 4 episodes on the disc. i had no problem backing up a normal movie like the rundown. but every time i try to backup a disc with episodes the burn alway stops. i tkink it stops after the first vob file. i have tried to copy smallville with dvd x copy xpress, dvd x copy platinum, dvd shrink, and a few others. the burnin always stops around 21% which is about the first vob file.

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

XCopy doesn't do episodes, but Shrink should. Did you try to rip the movie with DVD Decrypter first? Can you still backup regular movies with Shrink?

3. josieu

josieu Member

hi flip i have a fast question i have a problem my dvd - plat doesnt want to record anymore what can i do! help!!!!!!!!!

4. flip218

How about posting your question here:
    http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com

And be more specific. Explain your problem a bit more, and what version your using?

5. josieu

josieu Member

soory i wasent to specific i have a dvdx copy platinum version321 thats what it says i can put an orginal movie in and when it looks like it download and i press record it wont let me record anymore!
    can you please help me i downloaded dvd decrypter and dvd43 but the dvd43 i dont know how to work it and the decrypter decrypts but i cant burn
    can you please share a little light!!

6. flip218

If it has to do with XCopy use aD's XCopy forum:
    [bold]http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com[/bold]

You don't really need dvd43. DVD Decrypter will only rip and burn (ISO's). You need to get DVD Shrink :)

7. mikeymem

mikeymem Member

josieu
    i had the same problem with burning, nothigm worked for me ethier. so i just reformatted my c: diveand dvd x copy platinum worked fine. i dont know if that is the problem, but you should know if you installed and uninstalled to men progs.