1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning problem ConvertXtoDVD...

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by ballboy88, Aug 21, 2007.

1. ballboy88

ballboy88 Regular member

i have had a bit of a problem recently when trying to burn movies etc on to dvd. i used to use my ConvertXtoDVD program no bother but now when i try to burn on to a DVD it is just sticking at the "insert disc and the burn will start automatically" stage as if i am not putting the correct type of disc in. i am trying both DVD-R and DVD+R. I have tried a couple of other programs with burning capabilities, like WinAVI, with the same results, the burning just will not start. Even my Divx player that burns the files straight onto disc without encoding is seeming to start but then just jumps to saying the burn has completed successfully when it hasn't. Does anyone have any clue what my problem could be ?

2. attar

attar Senior member

Run ImgBurn, 'Tools' 'Drive' 'Check for Firmware update'
    Insert a blank DVD, if it can accept it then the information window will show information about the disk.
    Try to burn the folder.

http://www.imgburn.com/

Run ImgBurn
    Click 'Mode' > 'Build'
    Click 'Output' > 'Device'
    Click 'File' > 'Browse for Folder', highlight on the 'VIDEO_TS' folder, > 'OK'
    Set burning speed to 4x and click the green write button.

3. ballboy88

ballboy88 Regular member

its saying "Device Not Ready (medium not preset)" along the status bar at the bottom.

i've tried again with some new DVD-R disc and it's saying "Device Not Ready (ID CRC or ECC Error) now.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2007
  4. attar

attar Senior member

Can a CD still be burned?

5. ballboy88

ballboy88 Regular member

no, the write button can't be pressed.

6. attar

attar Senior member

I meant copying files to a CD and burning with XP or any other function that you would use to burn a CD.
    If it refuses DVD's and CD's and it's connected to an IDE channel, you could uninstall the controller that it is attached to and reboot to reinstall the drivers.

My Computer > properties > hardware > device manager.
    Click on 'IDE Controllers' and uninstall the primary or secondary channel.Reboot and Windows will reinstall the drivers.

The only other thing I can think of is to go to the drive and click 'properties', select the 'recording' tab and turn off recording for the drive.Exit and again select properties and turn recording back on.

7. ballboy88

ballboy88 Regular member

i don't know just now mate as i've no blank cd's to test it, i have been using only dvd's for a while now so i'll have to get hold of some tomorrow and let you know how i get on then.