1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning problem

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by ilovexbox, Nov 1, 2004.

1. ilovexbox

ilovexbox Member

hi everyone i am really confused i do not no how to copy xbox games i have a chip and i want to be able to copy directly to a dvd disc can anyone tell me what program to use? and if u have to copy it to ur pc first can u tell me wat program to use and how to do it thanks

charles

2. clarky

clarky Regular member

... This has been covered so many times...

Search the forum you will find your answer.

For a quick starting point, take note of the following points:

NO program can burn an original xbox game directly from the disk in your pc drive - I repeat, NONE.

The only way to back up your xbox games is by transfering the data to your pc via an ethernet cable and a ftp client.

To do this you will need to download and install a program named EVO X. This is a new dashboard (interface) for your xbox. This is easily done with an auto installer eg: slayer auto installer 2.6

You then assign your xbox a static ip address through this program.

You then connect to your xbox via your ftp client (eg flash fxp)

you put the game in the xbox drive and transfer the files to your pc hdd.

You patch all the .xbe files within the game. This is done with a program such as qwix or craxtion 4.

These can be obtained legally from www.xbox-scene.com - in the download/tools section.

you then create an iso from the game data - this is done with the same program you used to patch the .xbe files.

you then burn the iso image to a dvd-r (+r media only works on the thompson drivw and i believe the philips)

That should be enough info to get you started get you started.