1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning problems - i use dvd shrink 3.2 to burn my movies

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by JelloCaps, Jan 13, 2008.

1. JelloCaps

JelloCaps Member

I was wondering if someone could help me. I download avi video files and convert them to dvd with winavi video converter 7.1. i then use dvd shrink 3.2 to burn them. I havent had a problem with burning until i have tried to burn long movies specifically Scarface. when i convert it i add the dvd_0 file to dvd shrink, an error message appears and say something about not being able to load the file (something)4. i when into preferences and change the dvd format so that it can burn on a dual layer dvd, still not working. any suggestions??
    Thanks
    J. Caps

2. 311814175

311814175 Regular member

What is the exact error message that you are receiving? You should copy and paste it or grab a screen shot of it. Do that and we'll see what we can do.

Cheers!

3. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hmmm bit confused here, but...

use a awesome free program called DVD Flick (i beat you locoeng - hehee)

it will do the lot avi to dvd / burnt! and good quailty

just set options first to suit your project and wham bam thank you mam.

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Thread teleported to relevant forum; Dvd Shrink is not a burning program but you have a burning program set as DVD Shrink's burning engine, and that's what you have problems with. but you need to provide more information

5. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

I use ConvertXToDVD by VSO to do all my conversions to DVD. It will even burn it for you! Does a great job.

I also think that you used Shrink incorrectly. Shrink doesn't burn but allows DVDDecrypter, ImgBurn, or Nero to burn for it. I like an all in one program that not only converts your avi but burns it, too. That's why I like ConvertXToDVD better than others.

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

i tool ike convertxtodvd, but for the most part i use TFM The FilmMachine with CCE Cinema Craft Encoder...

but tfm is abit picky towards avi so the odd bad avi i get i chuck into convertxtodvd as its not so fussy...