1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning problems with Lite-On LDW-811S

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by new8ie, Jun 18, 2004.

1. new8ie

new8ie Member

I'm trying to burn movies with my Lite-On LDW-811S, but I'm gettting a coaster everytime! I have a P4 2.8Ghz with Via chipset and using DVDShrink to burn backup copies of my DVD movies. I'm using Ritek 4x DVD-R. After burning, I'm viewing it on my DVD player and I'm getting pixelated screen and the audio studders. But when I'm playing it back on my computer, everything is fine. I just flashed the burner with the latest firmware, HS0Q. I've gotten 3 coasters so far! The thing is, I burn the exact same DVD using the exact same media on my other computer, P4 2.4Ghz with Intel chipset and Lite-On LDW-411S, and I'm not getting any problems.

Is there something up with my Lite-On LDW-811S?? Should I return it and get the slower LDW-411S? Any help will be greatly appreciated! I feel like I just wasted $80 on the burner! I got the Lite-On LDW-811S from newegg.com, retail packaging.

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Have you tried burning slower with your 811 just for kicks?

3. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

Possibly something is interfering with your burn, possibly some other software.
    Do a msconfig and disable all of your startup.
    Check for interactive player or pc friendly in add/remove program, if there remove them.
    Do you have Nero? If so InCD may be interfering.
    I have the 451s hacked with HSOQ which upgraded it to 851s, use Ritek G04 -r with no problems.
    But then too I have an Apex player, will play ANYTHING.
    Good Luck

4. six.6.six

six.6.six Regular member

new8ie:

The problim can be that your burning a 4x rated dics @ 8x. You really have to find the right disc that can burn @ a higher speed, normally you need Quality media. I have done this with the same problim finding the right disk can be alot of fun :(

Sorry forgot to mention Ritek G04 +R & 8x RITEK R03 are what i am useing
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]AMD Athlon 64 3200+
    MSI Neo-FIS2R
    512 Corsair XMS 3200
    36.7GB Raptor SATA
    Hitachi 80GB SATA
    Lite On 411s @ 811s
    SAPPHIRE RADEON 9800PRO[/small]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2004
  5. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

From my experiences, Ritek G04 -R media works well with Liteon burners using HSOQ.
    Using the NEro info tools, check the manufaturer of the disk, this will let you know if they are authentic.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2004
  6. new8ie

new8ie Member

Thanks for the help guys. I was searching around some more online and turns out that my DVD player (Panasonic RV-32) for some reason doesn't like DVD's that are burned on a Lite-on burner. I also pulled out the Lite-on burner in my other computer, and its a LDW-400D, which I also learned is really a re-badged Sony. So now that solves all of my mysteries. I'll just keep my Lite-on LDW-811S and use the LDW-400D to burn my DVD's.

7. 321sucker

321sucker Regular member

Well, how about that, good job new8ie..