1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning problems with nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by stuhar, May 8, 2004.

1. stuhar

stuhar Member

I have just had a few problems with burning dvd's with nero or nero based tools eg: shrink,Decryptor they fail at 1% on the lead in but when the disc is ejected it has writen at least 1gb on the disc,the thing thats wierd is if I save the shrink file to an iso instead of files on the hd I can burn the dvd's with roxio no probs , could anyone tell me why this is happening and is it somthing to do with the widows burn engine( which I belive these programs use and roxio doesnt)

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

What are your methods of burnig with Nero? For me personally, i will always keep the DVD in natural VOB file format, and not as an ISO. Then its simply a matter of burning the VIDEO_TS file that is outputted...

3. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

hi stuhar
    Roxio and nero conflict.I had the same problem when I started out and I tried everything.But after somebody on here suggested dumping roxio,ive never looked back.
    My suggestion,DUMP THE DEMON ROXIO
    good luck
    jim

4. stuhar

stuhar Member

it doesnt matter what methods I use but the one I have been using and its been ok up till last week is
    1 create dvd video (click on new)
    2 Rename the disc to the film name
    3 open the video_ts (red folder) so the middle is blank
    4 browse for dvd files video_ts folder
    5 add the contents to the compilation
    6 burn at 4 x with pioneer 106f on ritek discs

this has served me well but for some reason nero based burning through any program isnt working
    I even unistalled nero and reinstalled be still the same ! however roxio will burn the iso file fine

5. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Stu,

Jim is right on target, Try removing Roxio and then do the Nero R&R. Roxio is known to conflict with Nero. If you ask Nero tech support they will tell you the same thing. You really need to choose between these two apps.

Cheers,
    Frank