1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning problems with pioneer 112

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by frogboy, Apr 21, 2007.

1. frogboy

frogboy Member

hi all

need some expert help for troubleshooting...

i had a standalone duplicator 6 months ago which was flashed to do 360 games disk to disc, the burner in it was a pioneer 111, ive never had a problem disc to disc'ing a backup using this, however... i would like to burn a *.ISO and ive purchased a pioneer 112 as im led to beieve these should do them no probs with no need for firmware upgrade, im using clone cd and it burns fine, when i try them in my console i get unreadable disc... i dont beleive i need to mess with any layer break options or anything, from what i can tell it should work fine using clonecd and a pioneer 112, am i wrong or overlooking something?

thanks ;)

2. frogboy

frogboy Member

3. smlvfx

smlvfx Regular member

make the stealth check to the iso with Xbox Backup Creator to see if its patched
    start Xbox Backup Creator,click image tools,stealth check ,choose the iso
    http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EEZkVkklkkUNKzUjkL.php

to confirm that the layer break is correct open the dvd file with the notepad and check the number it must be 1913760

if you have a pioneer 112 burner it should automatically booktype to dvd rom,to confirm put one of your backups in your burner start imgburn wait until it detects the disk and scroll down you will see how the disk was burned, look for Physical Format Information (Last Recorded), look for booktype and it will tell you how your drive burned the disk weather it burned it as a DVD+R DL or DVD-ROM.
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=582729

or maybe your xbox drive doesn't like the disks that you are using the best disks are verbatim
    and some people have better results burning at 4x with verbatim disks

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  4. frogboy

frogboy Member

thanks for the prompt and in depth reply...

yes, everything checks out fine as you have posted, the image passes the stealth check, the layerbreak is correct, the booktype is correct.. all seems great, the disc i use have always worked in my console when disc to disc'ing them so unless they only work using that methos and are no good for straight from iso burns i cant see it being them, but i will try verbatim and see how they go...

ive just noticed my version of clonecd is 3 versions OLD... so ive downloaded and installed the very latest version, maybe its that... i will go and buy some more blanks and try the newer version of clone..

thanks for your help, i will post my findings soon :)