1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning problems with Ridata discs...

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Crusaders, Oct 8, 2004.

1. Crusaders

Crusaders Member

I have been utterly perplexed by the problems I am having with the Ritek Ridata Branded 4x DVD+R's that had purchased from Meritline. I was under the assumption that all Ritek DVD+R's were top notch, as I have had wonderful results from the Ritek Unbranded 4x DVD+R's that I had previously purchased. The problem started shortly after use of these disks. Nero, through the automatic activation with DVD Shrink, would recognize the burn speed of these 4x disks as 8x. When I would scroll down to look for 4x, it was absent and Nero only gave me the option of burning at Maximum, which was 8x, 2.4, or 2.0. At first, I thought that was great as I copied of few of them at 8x. Well, I find out later that the movies would freeze, or fail to work. I then decide to do the process of shrinking and burning seperately, and when I operate Nero, it is setup at 8x burning, but I can occasionally find 4x, and when I try to burn using the Ridata Branded DVD+R's, it tells me that there is not enough empty space to burn, it pops the disc out, and I am not able to copy it. My former batch of unbrandeds were recognized as RicohJapan's, and the problem batch is recognized as Ritek.

2. Crusaders

Crusaders Member

Forgot to mention that I use a Mach 8 8X Multi format burner, recognized as a Lite-On 851S, and am operating on XP Pro.