1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning problems

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by hoppnjoe, Oct 9, 2004.

1. hoppnjoe

hoppnjoe Member

i have some?s. i just burnt my first dvd-r and everything worked great. went to burn 2nd movie and had to uninstall dvd shrink kept comming up file missing reinstalled and it worked. did the 2nd movie have all features and movie but no audio. it took me 2 hrs and 28 mins to burn a 98 min dvd, is this normal? then had to uninstall program again and reinstall to get it to open the 3rd time. is their a better program so i dont have to keep uninstalling and reinstalling? thanks for anyhelp

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi hoppinjoe, welcome to AfterDawn!

You should not have to reinstall Shrink each time you use it. It is a damn reliable program that lots of us use. I wonder if there is some issue with your PC. Why don't you post a reply with your computer specs. Stuff like
    your processor type and speed,
    the amount of RAM you have and
    your HDD size.
    What OS you are using.
    What other DVD or CD applications do you have?
    Some can cause conflicts. Also it would be good to know what burning program you are using.
    What brand and model burner or other optical drives are you using?

First get the basic stuff out of the way. Do a disc clean-up and defrag. Once thats done try reinstalling Shrink. If it gives you another error message, Post the exact error message.

Burn speeds depends a lot on your burner, the media you are using and a few other things. Because you are under the impression that Shrink is doing the burning, I assume you have either Nero or DVD Decrypter installed. Kinda need to know if Shrink is taking a long time to rip the disc or if it is the actual burn process that is taking too long.

Another thing to check is to see if you have DMA enabled:

Start> Rt click My Computer> Properties> Hardware tab> Device Manager> Expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers(click on the +)> Double click Primary IDE channel> Advanced Settings tab> Transfer Mode> DMA if available.

Your Current Transfer Mode should say something like "Ultra DMA Mode 5 or something similar. Once that is done, do the same thing to the Secondary IDE channel.

3. hoppnjoe

hoppnjoe Member

my pc is a sony pcv-rx360ds p3, 866mhz processor, 356 ram,pioneer dvd-rom dvd-116r, sony cd-rw crx140e, pioneer 108 dvd durner. intel (r) 82801aa bus master ide controller. primery ultra mode 4
    secondary ultra mode 2
    i havd done a virus scan, disk cleanup and defrag, and still keep getting this message when i try to open dvd shrink--- dvd shrink encountered an error and cannot contiune invalid file name this system cannot find the file specified.

im lost dont know what to do.