1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning Problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Scanner73, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Scanner73

Scanner73 Member

Hi Everybody i have a problem burning a copy of a copy. I either get a read error or a write error. Can anybody tell me what i am doing wrong. Ihave a sony 530dru and a sony 710drua. I have used 1 click dvd copy, roxio 7 decrypter and they all give me some kind of error. If theres anybody that can give me some ideas it would be awsome. thanks in advance

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Are you trying to burn from Your DVD ROM to the Burner (on the fly)? If so you may not be doing anything wrong. Some DVD ROMs just aren’t fast enough to handle this. You can try slowing the burn speed as much as possible, and updating your firmware for both drives. I am also not sure how you would be doing this with decrypter at all? You could try Nero as this is probably the best burning software out there. You can download a 30 day trial version from there sight just to see if you like it. You could also try putting both your burner and DVD ROM on the same IDE cable if you know how to do that. I hope one of these work let us know how everything turns out..
    Your best bet is to just copy it to the hard drive first, but if you really want to copy on the fly than you can try some of the steps I mentioned above.
    Happy Thanksgiving

Last edited: Nov 25, 2004
  3. kchev

kchev Regular member

why not copy it to hard drive first?
    you will get a better quality burn than burning on the fly