1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BURNING PROBLEMS

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by TheHost, Mar 6, 2005.

1. TheHost

TheHost Guest

Hi

I am new to this forum so hope I have managed to find the right place to post this.

I have DVD Copy express - I have used this numerous times without problems.

However I can no longer burn a disk. The DVD will read only. I insert blank disk - the disk formats and finalises then ejects and says their was a problem in copying disk. Help please! Thanks.

2. Mr_Taz_UK

Mr_Taz_UK Regular member

Hi Welcome to Afterdawn.

What type of disks are you using? Is this a new pack of disks....maybe a bad batch.

Do you have nero?

Have you tried DVDShrink?

When you say there is a problem copying the disk, do you mean copying or writing?

3. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Try COMPLETELY uninstall and reinstall the program. That sometimes helps.

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Are you talking about DVD X Copy Express? I ran into the same problem and I think it was a software conflict. DVD X Copy has a HUGE list of blacklisted software, but that didn't help me out. Never did figure out what the issue was, so I just gave up and now I use DVD Shrink with AnyDVD. Much better combination.

5. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Hi, I also had this problem with XCopy Express, it was the media. Try using better grade.

6. TheHost

TheHost Guest

Thanks to everyone who replied.

As suggested I uninstalled then reinstalled. Couldn't believe this would work - when I purchased DVD X I was told (via web site) that if I used the version on the disk it wouldn't have the ripper and to download from the site. Anyhow all well again - so thanks again.

7. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Glad that it works again. Sometimes the burn program works so hard, it corrupts itself. In that case, reinstalling the program would help.