1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning problems

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by xiaobao12, Apr 8, 2005.

1. xiaobao12

xiaobao12 Guest

Hello all,

I've been having problems recently when I'm trying to burn an DVD iso image with DVD decrypter. These DVD iso files have been downloaded from bitorrent. I have successfully backed up copies of DVD movies and they work in my stand-alone DVD player. However, when I put the disc into the DVD player after the burn, I get a "this disc cannot be read" message.

Are you suppose to burn downloaded ISO files differently?

I tried the same thing with the burning image option and Nero and it also failed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2. cougar_ii

cougar_ii Regular member

Hi there,

I'm sure if you gave us more details, lots of people could help you.

What kind of DVD Burner do you have ?
    What brand of media are you using ?
    What speed are you burning at !

Using Nero to burn ? Provide us the error logs.

3. xiaobao12

xiaobao12 Guest

cougar,

thanks for your reply. the nero burn was successful. just when i put the dvd disc in my dvd player, it wouldn't read the disc.

i have had successful when ripping from an original DVD (with dvd decrypter, shrink with DVD shrink if necessary) and then burning the image with dvd decrypter, but for soem reason, these images have not been working.

i am using ridata 4x DVD-r. they have the rcpn (whatever) label so they are excellent quality. i am burning at 2.5x with an NEC burner that came with my DELL. i'm pretty positive there are no problems with the burner or media.

thanks.

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

Can you run the ISO through DVD Shrink? Have you tried to break it up using ISO Buster? I think the ISO might not actually be DVD format.

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

More than likely your bit torrent file is not DVD Compliant, but rather a MPEG, AVI, DivX or some other type of video file and will need encoded before your DVD player can play it.

6. xiaobao12

xiaobao12 Guest

thanks bbmayo and squizzle,

in order to run it thru DVD shrink, i have to mount the image with daemon. then, i have to click on "open disc" and then it works.

"Have you tried to break it up using ISO Buster?" - what do you mean by this?

How do i find out if it is a DVD compliant file? and how do i encode it?

thanks for your help guys.

7. squizzle

squizzle Active member

an ISO file is not necessarily a DVD image, it's just an image file. ISO Buster is a program which breaks your ISO file apart so you can make changes if desired. Very cool program. Check out bbmayo's site, he's got some pretty good guides there.

8. xiaobao12

xiaobao12 Guest

thanks squizzle and all,

can i use ISO buster to make it a DVD compliant image?

are there ways to make it DVD compliant?

thanks a lot.

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

There are ways to make it compliant, but first we need to know what type of files are actually in the image. thats why the need for ISO Buster.

10. xiaobao12

xiaobao12 Guest

hey bbmayo,

i have iso buster. how should i show you what kind of files are in it?

i do notice that the image that i am having trouble burning with, has the red ISO box and a blue one with arrows in it VERSUS a real DVD image ,which has the red ISO box and a UDF bright green box.

thanks.