1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning process is slow

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tuc23, Dec 23, 2003.

1. tuc23

tuc23 Member

Hi Guys & Ladies

I have a SONY DRU510A running on XP Home, 768 ram, 40 gig HD at 7200rpm, 2.0ghz. When burning with Nero 5.5 or RecordNow 6.0, my burn process is slow. It takes 30 mins to burn to a 4x DVD+R disc. It takes 40 mins to burn to a 2.4x DVD-RW. I know it should only be taking about 15 mins at 4x and 30 mins at 2x. Can someone help me out with this problem. Thanks in advanced.

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

tuc23,

The speed at which you are burning is fine. Many things effect your computer's operation.

In order to get the burning times you might see here on the forum, you must be burning the exact same DVD, the same software (Nero, RecordNow Max, CloneDVD etc) the same resources and on and on. I will burn faster than you (See my signature) others faster than me.

Compression, file size are major factors in burning time.

XP especially has 90 million, kazillion things running in the background, stopping these will increase your speed. Go to msconfig and turn everything off then reboot.

Many people on this forum reading your "complaint" only wish they had your problem.

Common sense should tell you that a DVD with a size of 3.6GB with no compression required will burn faster than a DVD with a size of 7.2GB requiring maximum compression to fit on a single DVD.

Come on back to visit when you have a problem that we can bail you out on, until then sleep the sleep of the contented knowing that you're smoking compared to so many others.

Cheers,
    "P"