1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Programs for burning DVD movies

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by iownju, Nov 29, 2002.

1. iownju

iownju Guest

I wanted to know where i caould get a program that would let me create chapters for my movies, kind of like imovie, but for windows, my videos that i wanted to put on the dvd are, .wmv, and .avi and i was wondering if i woul also need a converter to convert the movie files to another format if i have to.

so the overview is:

a) a program like i-movie, but for windows,

b) a program that will convert the files if i have to convert at all.

I have a DVD+RW burner and i have some DVD+Rs and RWs, which should i use and i also have nero if i have to use it.

2. jnihil

jnihil Moderator Staff Member

You need to encode, author, then burn.

TMPGEnc and CCE are good encoders, there are many authoring programs out there. I use DVDit and Scenarist. You can use any of the burning programs like Nero if it supports DVD+RW.

Most authoring programs support chapters BTW.

3. iownju

iownju Guest

i used the TMPGEnc but after i was done encoding and i went to view it the movie looke a lot worse from original avi file, or wmv file am i doing something wrong??

4. jnihil

Probably. What do you exactly mean by worse? Can you be more specific?

BTW, www.vcdhelp.com has a page that details the encoder options in TMPG. You may want to study that to get the best looking picture from your AVI.

5. iownju

iownju Guest

what i mean is that the movie became a lot more grainy and blockyer then before and just dosent look as good as it did before

6. jnihil

Last edited: Dec 2, 2002