1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning protection? What can I do?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by MWA, Mar 1, 2005.

1. MWA

MWA Member

Hi!

I am trying to backup my version of "The Grudge" but it seems like there is some sort of a burning protection on one of the .vob files. DVD Shrink stops encoding at 13% and DVD Decrypter gives following message when starting:

- Possible Structure Protection Found!
    - 7 areas have been marked as 'suspect'.
    - Dummy sectors will be inserted where necessary.

It also cannot copy one certain .vob file. I have also tried copying the file manually, but it does not work either.

Is it some sort of burning protection? And can I do something to fix it?

Hoping someone can help!

Morten.

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

For starters you could post in only one thread. And, last but not least, a search will give you plenty of answers to this problem.

3. reetann

reetann Guest

read in a forum about The Grudge said it only encodes using DVD Shrink hope that helps its a free prog ok

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

[bold]False statement[/bold]

You actually need Decrypter (newest version) or AnyDVD for this movie. Check out the first guide at my site (link in sig) and you should have no problems with this movie.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/164776

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  5. westbrom

westbrom Guest

use new version of anydvd and vobblanker... to do it, anydvd runs in the backround while vobblanker takes it to your harddrive in a file you create.. once done use dvdshrink to compress it