1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning PS2 DVD speed problems...

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Shinn, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Shinn

Shinn Member

I have a Pioneer DVDRW DVDR108 (OEM), and I use Alcohol 120% v1.9.2.1705 and I want to burn at 2x or 2.4x speed because I've heard that it will give less errors when playing the game.

It's strange, an hour ago I burnt MGS3 and Prince of Persia at 2.4x, but now I want to burn another but it only gives me the Maximum or 4X as options?? I noticed this before as well, but for some reason it gave me 2.4x for a time so I was glad, but now its back to 4x.

I check alcohol-soft's site, and my burner is supported what the hell is going on....

Also I tried DVD Decrypter and CloneDVD, I burnt Jak 3 and some other games (approx. a full 4.6 gb dvd), choosing 2-2.4x but it burnt in about 15 minutes, isn't that really 4x?

2. A.Beast

A.Beast Guest

I'm no help to you Shinn, but I have a similar problem.

I backed up NFSU2 using DVD Decrypter on to a Memorex DVD+R 4x at the lowest speed available which was 2.4x, but like Shinn it burnt in about 10-15 minutes. When I try to play, it loads fine, but then when racing, portions of the city don't load, you can see them coming, it's just a black jagged edge, and then the game just freezes.

Is memorex bad media?
    Should I be buying 1x media instead of 4x?

My burner, playstation and swap methods are all in my sig.

Thanks for any help.

3. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Yes, many people have trouble using memorex media. I have 4x max media and i can burn at 1x with alcohol and dvd decrypter.

4. Shinn

Shinn Member

Well i use memorex cd's, but for dvd's I use Kodak 4X DVD's...but shouldn't I be able to burn at 2.4x? 4X is the maximum...and I did a firmware update, still no help. :(