1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BURNING PS2 DVD'S ON A MAC... HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by AwesomeAJ, Aug 9, 2003.

1. AwesomeAJ

AwesomeAJ Guest

Hey Hey. I just got a new iMac w/ a Superdrive. I was wondering if n e one knew how to back-up PS2 DVD games on a mac? Thankz

2. robert34

robert34 Guest

hmmm some of the best programs are free...lol

use dvd decrypter... it works for mac and for windows... excellent program. do a search in google for it

3. JesterXL

JesterXL Guest

your best bet is to use Toast Titanium. You need to shell out a hundred bucks, but it's worth it.
    To burn with Toast Titanium:
    1. Insert your DVD game
    2. Open Toast
    3. Click and hold on "other" and select "Disk Image"
    4. Go to File > Save as Disk Image
    5. Take out the game and insert your DVD-R
    6. Drop your disk image into the toast window
    7. Burn the image to the DVD-R at 1x (just to make sure)
    8. Enjoy

4. robert34

robert34 Guest

Why would you want get something that is like 100 hundred $$ when you can get a better, faster, easy to use program for free?

5. JesterXL

JesterXL Guest

I'll try DVD decrypter, but I don't think you can get much easier than two clicks... I needed the program thought for VCDs (MMB and Firestarter don't work with my DVR 104)

6. mfarina

mfarina Member

When you use toast to copy games, does it require you to have a mod chip in your ps2?

7. JesterXL

JesterXL Guest

all copied games require a mod chip/swap method to play. DVD movies do not.

8. Ti-maniac

Ti-maniac Member

Making an image with rewriting the disk with toast from the image did not work on my PS2 allought the resulting directory structure and various file sizes appeared completely identical. I am new to PS2 backup but quite experienced with DVD backup.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
    Do you need a chip? How and where do you get them, and where do you put them?

9. robert34

robert34 Guest

10. Sempai

Sempai Member

I am trying to get toast to copy a ps2 game by following the instructions that JesterXL provided but when I got to the part where it says:
    Go to File > Save as Disk Image
    it would not let me???? If anyone has any information that would help me please respond.