1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning PS2 games from "rar??" and "sfv??" files

Discussion in 'PS2' started by VJbob, Nov 5, 2004.

1. VJbob

VJbob Regular member

I let a friend borrow a copy of an import game a while ago and he said he let a friend borrow it who won't return it, so in a nutshell, I'm screwed. Instead what he did was send me all these '.rar' files (about 50Mb each) and a couple '.sfv" files and other misc things. He said you can create an "ISO" and burn the same game as a backup with these files. Okay the process is probably not that hard but the terminology I don't understand what type of files I'm dealing with. How do I put all 50 or so of these "rar" files together for burning? Is this going to take lots of hours of cutting and pasting using an advanced editing program that I don't have?

2. nrk4594

nrk4594 Regular member

1)Install WinRAR (www.rarlab.com)
    2)Right click on the first file (should be part1.rar, .r00, or somehting like that)
    3)Select Extract Here. This will extract the ISO to your hard drive. An ISO file is an image file.
    4)Burn the ISO file to blank media

3. Ecin

Ecin Member

go fusk him up, and tell him to use the files

4. Ecin

Ecin Member

If your story isn't true, go do what nrk suggested. Do you know what a Zip file is? I hope you do. Rar files is the same as a Zip file, but in some cases it's split up in many files. SFV is a file verifier. http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/15/2/15-2-83.shtml download a program to use sfv files there.

Sometimes some of the rar files become corrupted and unusable that's why you use SFV to find out which one is corrupted so you can redownload it.

[They are split in files because that's the file limit their email, news server, or whatever medium they use to distribute accepts at a time.]