1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning PS2 Games on a Mac

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by orsieka, Feb 11, 2005.

1. orsieka

orsieka Member

I'd like to 'backup' my ps2 games using my G5 w/superdrive. I've put the disc into my Mac and I can see it on my desktop. Now what? Please explain how to do this. If this is not possible, please let me know what software I have to buy. I am using Swap Magic v3.3 with a slide tool and have a PS2 Slim version.

Thanks!

Karen

2. Jestered

Jestered Member

It is hard to get good mac help on any of these forums, but the people do try.... anyway, you need to use Toast to make an image of the disk and then burn the image using Toast. If you have a DVDRom and also a seperate DVD burner you can also use Toast to Copy Disk directly without making an image on your hard drive.

I am assuming that you know that you need to have either a modchip or a swap method of some sort (flip top, slide, or PnP No Sod Chip...) in order for these backups to work (even though I have not been able to boot a backup yet, but I am still trying).

If you need more help, let me know and maybe I can walk you through it....