1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning ps2 games onto 2 discs

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by cringle88, Mar 9, 2005.

1. cringle88

cringle88 Member

i heard you can fit a ps2 game onto 2 dvd 4.7gb discs if this is possable how is it done if not what is my other options?

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Why would you want to? Almost every ps2 game fits onto 1.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

I only know of like 2 games in the past few years that were so big that you could not fit them on a normal DVD, Champions Of Norath & GT4. Other than that you should only need one DVD.

4. cobra87

cobra87 Member

I have gt4 and its fits NO PROBLEM with room to spare on a 4.7 gig disk

5. aleitz

aleitz Member

If you want to put a dual layer game on two single layer dvd-rs, you would rip the game with DVD Decrypter to a iso image then use isobuster or Apache V1.1 and extract layer 1 and layer 2 to different folders then rebuild each layer to a iso image.

6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

cobra87, I'd like to know how you did it. GT4 is over 5 gigs and i don't know anyone that has been able to back it up. Could you please post how you did it? Program, burner, media, etc., it would be greatly appreciated by many.

7. decker12

decker12 Member

Heh don't encourage him Bigorange. He probably just ripped the image using Nero or Alcohol and burnt it to a DVD with no regard to the dual layers or any of the tricks that thousands of people have been trying for weeks now.

NOBODY has backed the game up yet.

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Another PS2Guru?

9. bigorange

bigorange Active member

any of the tricks that thousands of people have been trying for weeks now.

More like months, LOL. This thing is driving me crazy! I like to back up all my games and movies and I've never had one I couldn't, sooner or later, til this one.

I'm on my knees like a rat eatin' cheese to the man that figures it out. ;>)

10. decker12

decker12 Member

Yeah, I am with you on the GT4 front, considering I have the game: $50 - the Capital Die Cast Wheel Stand:$50 - the DFP: $150 and I have a first generation launch-day PS2 which I just know makes a few too many odd clicky-click sounds than my buddy's newer PS2 does. I've already invested quite a bit into this one game and I'll be pissed if I get some wacky deep scratch into it and have to shell out ANOTHER $50...

Plus, I'd love to reduce loading times by throwing my backup on a hard drive...

11. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I got a couple of those wheels too, since I've got several buddies that like to come over and race I went ahead and got two. More fun that way! Didn't know about the stands, we use a couple of TV dinner stands with glass tops,LOL.

I recently put in a HDTV Mitsubishi projector with a 120" screen and that wheel is well worth the 150.00! Man, that sucker will jerk right out of your hands! It's as close to the real thing as anything I've ever seen. Put it with GT4, and it's definitely the best racing experience I've ever done, that wasn't on pavement. LOL

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005
  12. cobra87

cobra87 Member

13. cobra87

cobra87 Member

also...I have a dual layer burner but when it burns to a 4.7 gig disk it will read and write the first layer of the original disk at a higher speed then drop down to about 2-2.4X for reading and writing the second layer to the 4.7 gig.Iam not using nero as I cant stand that shitty program.Iam using a combo of ulead...dycrpt m3d and for writing i have clone dvd and dvd x copy.those work great for me

14. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Cobra87,

One of the links is dead, the other is a simple mpeg2 to dvd compliant transcoder. Doesn't really explain how you took an DVD9 ISO and put it on a DVD5.

15. ifrit2121

ifrit2121 Guest

how do i even get started on burning ps2 games ?????

i need to know what programs i need where to find them and how to do it ive been downloading tons of programs and still cant get it right and for ps2 games do i use dvd-r or cr-r please if anyone knows how burns ps2 games the right way let me know

16. ifrit2121

ifrit2121 Guest

17. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Download and install Dvd Decrypter(it can be got here in AD). Rip the movie from your PC drive in "ISO read" mode with Decrypter to a folder you create on your hard drive.

Then check "ISO write" mode in decrypter. Browse to your folder where you just ripped the game with decrypter, pick the MDS file, choose your burner as it's destination.

Make sure you burn at 1x! This is extremely important.

Done.

It doesn't matter if you use -R or +R unless your PS2 is an old model. The newer models from version 4 on up will play either format. You must have your PS2 modded, or use swap magic, or HD Loader, etc. in order for the game to work. I recommend having it modded with a mod chip (it's easiest to use, but hardest to install. I recommend sending it off to have it done professionally unless you're good at soldering)), but all methods will work.

18. ifrit2121

ifrit2121 Guest

ok and thats all i need to burn a ps2 game ?just download that program

19. bigorange

bigorange Active member

yep, that's it! it's free too and I believe a new version just came out yesterday. Alchohol 120 also works well for games on CD-R, but decrypter is free and I prefer DVD.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005
  20. ifrit2121

ifrit2121 Guest

ok thank you and one more ? can you give me a site or place where i can download Alchohol 120