1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning PS2 Games using DVD Decrypter

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Daddy1118, Oct 7, 2004.

1. Daddy1118

Daddy1118 Guest

I recently purchased DVD Shrink and Decrypter and was trying to figure out how to back up PS2 games using either program. And will the backups work with the GE set with slide cards.

2. Ashman1

Ashman1 Regular member

What do you mean "purchased". This programs are free to download. If you bought these programs, you got ripped off.

DVD Shrink is for backing up movies. Here is a link with a interactive tutorial.
    http://www.dvdshrink.info/guides.php

DVD Decryptor is used for backing up games. Read the game to your hard drive using ISO READ MODE. And write to your blank media using ISO WRITE MODE (found in the MODE tab). Very, very easy!

3. BurnerNB

BurnerNB Guest

But the ISO file is too big to put on a DVD+R.

4. deevolax

deevolax Member

whenever I burn the disc with DVD Decrypter, It tries to verify it and it fails, everytime. Then I put the disc into the PS2 and it won't play, it comes up with a red screen that says I need to insert a Playstation or PS2 game. It won't let me play the game. Although I think the problem may be the speed Im writing it at. Is it best to write it at 1X? Please help with all of this. I followed what you said about that other persons problems and I did them exactly as it said. Thanks

5. Ashman1

Ashman1 Regular member

deevolax,
    What type of media are you using? What game are you trying to back up? Have you successfully backed up games before?

It is always best to burn at the lowest possible speed (1x).

6. JSteven75

JSteven75 Member

How do I slow down the write speed in DVD Decrypter?

7. picz

picz Member

When on dvd decrypter, go mode iso write, then on the bottom right hand corner there should be setings with a drop down box, go to 1x.
    Hope this helps
    picz

8. Divo79

Divo79 Member

Just another query then please. With the burning of the ps2 game what do i need to do with my ps2 system to make it compatible to play these games. Any help in this regard would be fantastic.

9. mrrad53

mrrad53 Member

10. zeero

zeero Member

In ISO Write mode, I know Test Mode should be unchecked but do BURN-Proof and Verify need to be unchecked too?

11. deevolax

deevolax Member

I know that by burning the backup at 1X it will prolly fix my problem. But to go back to what i was saying earlier, I dont have a mod-chip, can these backs ups still work? I would think they could, because if its an exact duplicate then it should play. I am using DVD-R's, which i would think would be the best for this type of thing, but I guess I dont know at this point. Any help would be greeaatt. Thanks.

DEEVO

12. zeero

zeero Member

deevo, no mod chip = no play
    you can't just copy a game and play it on a PS2, that's why it's not working for you.

13. xzsawq

xzsawq Member

im wondering what file do i use when i copy the game onto my hard drive the biger file or the smaller file which is .MDS

what i did
    1) put in the game into my dvd burner, clicked on mode/iso/read
    2) two files appear
    3) i put a blank dvd-r cd into my burner

which one do i choose? the bigger or smaller file (the smaller one is .MDS)

I think i choose the bigger file but im not 100% sure

14. picz

picz Member

if you do choese the wrong one dvd decryptor should should change it for you

15. meggo

meggo Member

i have the flip top with swap magic 3.3. i used dvd decrypter to back up my game. After i load up swap magic i put the game in and it says not a valid ps2 game. I tried dvd+r and dvd-r and got the same results. What do you think is wrong. Is it the burner speed (i used max) is it my dvd's(ridata) or is it something else. The game was ratchet and clank up your arsonal. Also what is normal, pal, and ntsc. Should i use dvd+r or dvd-r. Sorry for all the questions.
    thanks

16. siegeA

siegeA Member

I am trying to copy back-ups. I have been using DVD Decrypter, and it always says that they are completed succesfully. I am using Swap Magic V2.0. I have tried Metal Gear Solid 3, and Nocturine, neither work. After putting in the Swap Magic disc, it says to insert the disc. When I put the back up in , the edge of the screen turns red. When I put the regular disc in, It turned blue for second then loaded normally.

I am burning using a Lite On DVD+/-RW, on crappy TEON DVD+Rs, but if they supposedly finished succsesfully why don;t they work?

17. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

18. siegeA

siegeA Member

I figured it out, i'm just retarded. I wasn't swapping the discs. When it said to insert the game, i tried to push eject and load it then. Keep in mind I've had these discs for like 3 yaers and have never used them.

I took the top off and am loading them like that for now. I'm going to try to make a flip top out of my regular ps2 lid.

19. rissi17

rissi17 Member

Hello all,
    I am having a real problem trying to back up my PS2 DVD games using the DVD decrypter. I use the ISo read mode to copy to my hard drive, then go back into the file and goto the read on the ISO tab, and when the game is done, it will not play like the original in my PS2. I had the DMS3 plus chip professionally installed, and I guess that I am getting really frustrated in this whole process. What do I need to do to get my back ups to play on my system?
    thanks for your help.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  20. meggo

meggo Member

you say that after you read the iso you go back to the iso read??? i think you mean write. if you are using dvd+r try using dvd-r. some playstations wont read +r. if that doesnt work then try using a different brand of dvd. also burn at the slowest speed possible. :)