1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning PS2 games without chip

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by random616, Mar 16, 2005.

1. random616

random616 Member

Hi, I havnt got my ps2 chip or modified or anything but copyed game work on mine. all you need is a bit of blue-tack and to hear wen the disc stopps spinning

2. random616

random616 Member

Also wats DVDRick and wat does it do

3. random616

random616 Member

One more thing wats a slide card? were do i get one and is it only for ps2 slimline.

4. hursty27

hursty27 Member

how thenhell did you managfe to get ur playstation to play without a chip
    i spent £50 getiin a mod chip on mine

5. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

I think he meant that he used swap magic, and some gunk to hold down the sensors.

Kinda like a primitive version of the slim tool.

6. A.Beast

A.Beast Guest

Wow this is quite the thread here 3 posts in 5 minutes back to back to back by the same user. Anyway, a slide card is for swapping on older ps2's, and is absolutely useless on a slimline. I have no idea what DVDRick is or what it does. And I wouldn't worry hursty, it is impossible to play backups without some modification. Even the aforementioned blue-tack is a type of mod, and you still need a boot method ie SM. Anyone who says otherwise just ain't right.

7. steimy

steimy Active member

DVDRick is a user. he makes patches for games that will not work by just burning it using the normal method.

go to http://www.clearxbox.com under the PS2 accessaries section and look at Ghost Switch, that would be what you need, along with Swap Magic 3.3 which they also sell.

8. random616

random616 Member

Hi again to play copyed games without the mod chip either download the ISO file for 'sawp magic' or open the lid, put a bit of blue tak over the sencor, so it thinks the tops shut, load a normal game that u've bought to get past the BIOS, then be very quite and listen, the disk spinning should make a noise, there is a moment were the disk stops spinning JUST before it loads the game, wen it stops, for that split second or 2 quickly swap the disk to the copyed one, AND it SHOULD work. So there . IT take alot of consontration. ALSO were did u get the mod chip and how does it work

9. Datalife

Datalife Regular member

And if the disc is not fully stopped yet and you open the lid, what would happen.The disc will come out flying like a flying saucer.Why go this way if you can be playing right away.