1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BURNING PS2 GAMES

Discussion in 'PS2' started by DJC3494, Dec 2, 2003.

1. DJC3494

DJC3494 Guest

I want to first say im sorry ,im realy stupid when i comes to computers.I want to know how to burn ps2 games on my computer.I have nero 6 but have no idea how to use it.I also need to know haw to read the games.can someone please help me with this step by step. thanks

2. labajue

labajue Member

well i use nero too and all i do is put dvd basec game in and press the copy option there should be a tutorial on here so do a serch for it by the way u need to chip your ps2 and theres two types of games dvd based and cd if its dvd based u need a dvd burner u do it with a cd rw but its hard and i havent worked how to copy the dvd baswed games through my cd rw u can tell if its a dvd game by vack of game case will say thee hope it help you

3. DJC3494

DJC3494 Guest

i have a fliptop.so how can i tell if the game is a dvd based or a cd based.i tired to burn using nreo and when i put the file in and try to add it,its says some of the files could not be copied that the files were not supported or something like that.will the dvd magic swap boot disc work with cd based games?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2003
  4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

generaly orignal cd based games are purple underneath and orignal dvd based games are silver underneath they also say cd rom or dvd rom on the top of the disc.you use the swap magic cd boot disc to boot cd based backups and the swap magic dvd boot disc to boot dvd based backups and in nero just use the cd or dvd copy option depending on what type of disc your copying

5. DJC3494

DJC3494 Guest

so my nero 6 will read the game and burn it.dvd or cd?

6. Irocz005

Irocz005 Regular member

If the original game you are backing up says DVD-ROM then you go into Nero and choose copy DVD. If it says CD-ROM, just use the copy CD option. If its a DVD-ROM, put in a blank, or if its a regular CD, just use a regular blank CD.

7. DJC3494

DJC3494 Guest

ok i tried to burn a copy of tony hawk underground.it seemed like everthing was going ok ,then i got an error message that said burning failed a 2x.can some one tell me what that means ,and what im doing wrong

8. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

did you create an image on your hard disc or did you do a copy on the fly when you tried to make your backup.was there any other code/message with the burn process failed error

9. DJC3494

DJC3494 Guest

yes i made a image,there was no other message.what am i doing wrong? also im i going to run into any copy protection stuff on the games ,or does nero 6 let you copy anyway?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2003
  10. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

could just have been a bad dvdr disc and for backing up dvd based nero should be fine but if you want to backup any cd based games i would suggest you use a program like alcohol 120 or clone cd as many of the cd based games have copy protection

11. Irocz005

Irocz005 Regular member

Also, make sure you make your backup after restarting your computer so that you will have full system resources. Close all programs you are not needing/using.

12. DJC3494

DJC3494 Guest

i bought the magic swap dics.its came with 2 discs,one says dvd and the other says cd.when i put in the dvd it boots and then puts up a screen that says insert disc.then i swap it with the dvd back up.when i put in the cd disc it wont put that screen up,ps2 just goes to the config mode.so how do i swap cd based games with it?

13. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

what version ps2 do you have

14. pens

pens Member

i have that problem with Swap Magic cd disc as well. You just have to keep trying, try turning off power with magic cd disc in ps2 wait 5 sec and then turn back on. This usually works for me. Hope this helps.

15. DJC3494

DJC3494 Guest

how do i tell what versin my ps2 is

16. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

have a look here http://www.modchip.com/ps2/ps2id.htm also i sometimes have to press the reset button a few times to get the cd version of swap magic to load(wont always load on the first attempt)

17. DJC3494

DJC3494 Guest

OK I HAVE BURNED SOME GAMES THAT WORK WELL.BUT MY COPY OF SSX3,IT WORKED FOR 4 OR 5 DAYS,THEN I TRIED TO PLAY IT AND NOW IT JUST SKIPS AND FREEZES UP .DID I DO SOMETHING WRONG?

18. Soulja

Soulja Guest

ok i burned tony hawk underground and nba live 2004 and they both say INCORRECT burn.. with the red marker on the tv.. how do i burn it correctly, not clone cd but burn the .bins

19. pureplyr0

pureplyr0 Member

OK soulja get Alchohol 120 and make image of both games. Then burn image at 1x to a DVD. I use a slide card and it works for me. I have already made a backup of tony hawk underground and i just had to wait a little bit.
    Also DJC i burned SSX3 as well and i had no problems except for the movie at the beggining skipping. The only thing I can think of is that you burned the game at 1X or your media sucks. I used cheap Comp USA dvd-R's so try that but its probably that your burning it too fast

20. Soulja

Soulja Guest

iight kool,i will give it a shot