1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning Ps2 games?

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by colaid, Jan 18, 2005.

1. colaid

colaid Member

Im a bit confused because im new! OKay here is the deal i bought a LG dvd burner 16x Super Multi DVD/CD rewriter (can it read and write dvds?) a few days ago. My friend uses this program NTI Cd Maker Gold and all he does to copy the ps2 game is he puts the ps2 game in his cd drive and the blank DVD into a dvd drive and he just does copy! and it works! Only like San Andreas and stuff like that work! why is that? I have DVD decryptor and i really dont know what to do here! if i coukd get some fed back that would be great!

Thanks a lot!

2. r0c0

r0c0 Guest

i use alcohol 120% mostly and dvd decrypter (for sum filetypes..) that are the 2 most used programs for ps2 backups

3. colaid

colaid Member

Well how do i use alchohol 120%? and also like what are the steps are burning lets say Grand Theft Auto San Andreas?

4. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Try out dvd Decrypter. Put your game in a dvd-rom or dvd burner drive and open decrypter. At the top, choose Mode>iso>read. Then read the game to your hdd. Now, select Mode>iso>write and choose the .mds file that you created. Make sure a blank dvdr is now in your burner and burn the .mds file.

5. colaid

colaid Member

for the insert blank dvd part does it really matter if my dvd is -R or +R? and also will this work for GTA Sanandreas? I really appreciate the help here! Thanks a lot!

6. Jauzzi

Jauzzi Member

colaid,
    dvd-r backups work best with most ps2s. My experience with dvd+r is that sometimes they won't work. Decrypter should work for San Andreas.

7. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

The - or + doesn't matter for specific games, however it could matter for your ps2 version that you have. You need to find out what version ps2 you have. If you have a version 1-4 you will need -r's, but some v4's are capable of running +r's. All versions 5 and after can run either.
    Try here for finding your version #:
    http://www.gocybershop.ca/customer/product.php?productid=1292&cat=0&page=1

8. colaid

colaid Member

Thanks a lot guys and another thing my friend copies games like the easiest way. He puts in the game in the CD drive and then the blank DVD+R in his DVD burner and he burned a cd just like that by using a program almost the same as Nero! NTI CD MAKER GOLD! He didn't do anything else! It worked for Jak 3 and Rachet and Clank up your Arsenal but when he used San Andreas it didn't work? Was it because San Andreas was too big or was it that San Andreas had a code or something?

9. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

No,in my opinion doing a direct dvd to dvd copy opens alot of possibilities for errors. That's probably why most people burn it from the harddrive.

10. colaid

colaid Member

Okay thanks i'll do it witht he decryptor then! Thanks a lot people!

11. colaid

colaid Member

after i press mode>iso>read then do i press decrypt at the bottem or what?

12. doc123

doc123 Member

yeh, then after it decrypts u go iso write and pick 1x or 2x and let her burn

13. Dawiz55

Dawiz55 Regular member

I use Diskjuggler. If you have a flip top most games will work this way.