1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning PS2 Games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Computer8, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Computer8

Computer8 Member

Does anyone know how to burn a PS2 game using Nero. I need a reply as soon as possible. Thank you.

2. flyersman

flyersman Regular member

pretty simple. Open up nero startsmart. go to copy backup. click burn image to a disc select the file.then select ur burner and speed then burn

3. Computer8

Computer8 Member

Will I be able to play the games after they are burned

4. flyersman

flyersman Regular member

If you have good media and swapm magic fliptop or slide card or a modchip and burn slow

5. Computer8

Computer8 Member

Can you give me step by step instructions please. and what is fliptop???

6. Akoni123

Akoni123 Guest

Sorry to chime in with a question and not any help, but do you have to mod your PS2 player to play backup's of games?

7. mingster

mingster Member

you dont have to have a modchip in the console in order to play backups. Swap magic is one such way. Fliptop is another. Fliptop is not technically a mod, but i suppose it is because you have to partially change the case for one that has a er, flip top.

8. Computer8

Computer8 Member

could someone pleas give me step by step instructions on how to burn ps2 games using Nero

9. dyslexic

dyslexic Member

wait.. do you still need the swap magic disk if you have a fliptop?

10. flyersman

flyersman Regular member

Another easier way instead of nero would be download dvd decrypter free from this site and go to mode iso read. when its done go to mode iso write select ur burner and burn at the slowest speed.

You need to have the swap magic disc and fliptop to play burnt games. or a modchip swap magic is less hassel though.

11. mingster

mingster Member

If you have a fliptop, you need swap magic AS WELL just to play backups? What a pain.

If you're going to change the PS2's case then you may as well get a no-solder modchip instead, such as the dms4 ezi. Has anyone tried that incidentally?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  12. tsquare43

tsquare43 Regular member

If I may jump in here, I have a question about this process. My son has a PS2 and was asking me if I knew how he could burn a game and get it to play. I don't know for sure, but I hope to find out.

If he changes the case for a flip-top, my understanding is he also needs to use Swapmagic. Is this true?

If he decides to have the chip modded, does he also need to change to the flip-top, or is there a better way to go? I'm obviously just a little (or maybe a lot) confused about what is the best/easiest way to proceed. Thanks.

Tsquare43

13. mingster

mingster Member

Hello, if you choose to fit a fliptop, then yes, you will need the swapmagic too.
    Pros: it is relatively cheap and an easy installation.
    Cons: You may come across one or two games that, once copied, will not run without some modification. Also, it can be annoying having to swap discs each time to play.

If you choose to fit a modchip, and provided that you pick one of the popular ones (e.g. Matrix Infinity, DMS4 etc), then you will need nothing else to run backups.
    Pros: No fuss - put in any backup and it'll run. No swapping discs malarkey.
    Cons: Can be costly, if you take into account installation fees (alternatively, install it yourself or use a no-solder modchip such as Dms4 ezi). Some ps2s also have an issue with the laser, where installing a modchip has been known to shorten its lifespan.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  14. Computer8

Computer8 Member

Where can I get a fliptop, swapmagic, and a modchip and about how much am I going to spend on each one. Which is the easier way to go? Also, do I need to buy any certain type of blanks to copy the games, if so what kind?

15. radiomoon

radiomoon Guest

if you're not good at soldering, go with swapmagic. i did a successful install on the dms4 and it was tough. The connections are really small and you can afford to make any mistakes or else you're done for! you either have to have someone do it or dont do it at all if you dont have any experience.

16. tsquare43

tsquare43 Regular member

Mingster: Thanks for the info. We might just go ahead and do the chip mod. I have never gone into a system and tried to solder anything and I know my son won't do it. I have seen a couple of places where we can get it done (i.e., steel city). I'm trying to make it as easy as possible.

Tsquare43

17. Computer8

Computer8 Member

where can i get such items

18. jep52

jep52 Member

I hope im doing everything according to forum rules, if im not sorry...
    I am having trouble with my PS2 backup games. I Use a fliptop and Swap magic 3.3. I used DVD decryptor ISO Read then write @1x.
    I put in Swap magic DVD version then i put in madden 2005(backup) and it comes up as "not a valid PS2 disk" can someone tell me what the problem might be?

19. steimy

steimy Active member

Jep52, what type of media are you using?
    I made a back up and it worked just fine using
    DVD Decrypter.

20. jep52

jep52 Member

i use verbatim dvd-r, and i have a dual layer dvd burner