1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BURNING PS2 GAMES

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by 61NASTY, Apr 6, 2005.

1. 61NASTY

61NASTY Member

OK I HAVE BEEN BURNING PSX GAMES AND GETTING THEM TO WORK PERFECTLY WITH THE SWAP METHOD BUT I NEED HELP GETTING THE COPYS OF PS2 GAMES TO WORK. AM I SUPPOSED TO BURN THEM 2 DVD-R OR SUMTHING. I HAVE BEEN BURNING THEM TO DVD+R. SUM1 PLZ TAKE ME THROUGH THE STEPS ON HOW 2 MAKE BACKUP PS2 GAMES 2 WORK........THANK U

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/1/15105

You do have a modchip or swap magics disks.
    without one of those you cant play backups.

***** BURN AT NO MORE THAN 2X****** <-----------(IMPORTANT)
    TURN OFF ANY BACKGROUND APPLICATIONS
    USE GOOD MEDIA (Verbatim ritekg04)

1. Take the ps2 game put it in the dvd rom or dvd burner, your choice.

2. open the dvd decryptor program then go to to tool bar and hit MODE>ISO>READ. Then choose the correct dvd drive that the game is in as the "source". Also choose where you want the files to be stored on the pc hdd. THEN CLICK DECRYPT , or the huge graphical picture at the bottom of the program which makes it run. The game is now copying to your HDD. Take the game out when finished (it might take a while).

3. Go to the same tab in dvd decryptor and choose MODE>ISO>WRITE. This will then let you look for the files you just created in step 2. Select the file that you just created. (There is only 2 files creadted so pick the .mds) (The smaller file)Then click WRITE, make sure there is blank DVD in the drive.

3. ponchas

ponchas Member

hi
    i have a huge problem i have been burning ps2 games with dvd decrypter my problem is when i put the game in my ps2 the game starts jumping up and down and its in black and white this hapens to all my games i have burned can anyone help me plz

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

@ 61NASTY

Let's turn off the caps lock key shall we?

5. neil16377

neil16377 Member

do you have to pick the mds ? because i dont and my games work with decrypter , cheers