1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning ps2 images

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by dpratt, Mar 26, 2005.

1. dpratt

dpratt Member

i am pretty new to this stuff, and have recently installed a ps2 modship (the chip is chipmod, and the system is v.3). this chip is supposed to play anything (besides the DL copies of GT4 of course!). i am not sure if i have installed the chip properly yet, i am still talking it out with the company trying to problem solve it. anyway, i have a question about burning the games, incase this is my problem. rather than using a program to rip the games myself, i downloaded already ripped images of the games on bit torrent. in the download forums, people have confirmed that the games work, but they just left it at that, and didnt explain what they did to get them to work. it is my understanding that if you get a properly ripped image of the game (by doing it yourself or downloading it), then all you have to do is burn that image in nero, alcohol, or whatever else by using the normal dvd image burning procedure. is this correct? do i need to patch the image or do anything else to it? do i need to use certain specific settings in the burning program that i wouldnt normally use to burn a dvd image (of say a movie or a pc dvd or whatever)? when i put the games in my modded ps2 it gets a disc read error. i know this might be something to do with the system, but just incase i wasnt burning properly, i thought i would ask. i am about to try ripping a game i have myself with dvd decrypter and then burn it to a dvd-r with nero in the standard way. i dont know if this is important, but i am using high quality discs (ritek G05) at a low speed (x2). should i be using x1 speed? what else can go wrong when buring discs? sorry for so many questions, if you dont wanna answer them all, feel free to direct my to a guide or something, like i said i'm new and dont know where to look, and the site a ordered from has crappy guides. thanks!

2. SilvaHaze

SilvaHaze Member